mouth open, no words - isla

i'm 10 now, i should've spoken by now, even if it is just to my sister, or my parents, but i haven't

i'm 10 now, i should've spoken by now, even if it is just to my sister, or my parents, but i haven't. as much as i love them i wont.

it's not that i don't speak, it's that i don't let anyone hear me speak, as the only time i do is into my books.

dad designed and built me a book corner when i was seven, and i've spent the last three years of my life in it. some people in my school think i'm weird, all they like doing is dancing around on the internet and running about like maniacs, my definition of fun is nuzzling into a good book and letting myself dissolve into it.

once i'm in a book, i can be whoever i want to be, i don't see the outside world anymore, i only see my own magic world. i can do and say whatever i want. dad built my nook, in the corner of my room right next to the window. sometimes as the words spill out of the page and into my head, i can hear the sounds in the book outside my window, sometimes cinderella is spinning round in her gown with her prince as i watch myla and red spinning amongst the undergrowth of our garden, holding each other tightly, sometimes the thunder and lighting strikes in my tale and i can hear my mum slamming doors and screaming and bawling at my dad, as he stands in silence, as helpless as the princess in the stormy woods. sometimes its all too real.

anyway, my words are to good for anyone, i have too much wisdom, by age 9 i'd finished pride and prejudice for pete's sake, i'm too much for anyone anyway.

the only person i would ever talk for is myla, i love her, more than anything, she was the one that read me my first fairytale after all. she was the one that didn't leave me, she stayed with me in care and foster and finally our family. she deserves my words, i just can't let her have them. i cant let her have them because if i start giving her my words i won't stop, i cant let her know what i know. people must think that because i don't talk i can't hear, i know far too much.