childhood sweethearts - ezra

i met angela when i was 19 and we were both attending universities opposite each other, both studying design

i met angela when i was 19 and we were both attending universities opposite each other, both studying design. for her, i'm sure, it was love at first sight and she used to follow me around my campus and hide behind various pillars and in doorways like a detective in an action movie. it was kind of creepy looking back. eventually i gave in to angela's charm and to put it simply i fell head over heels in love with her.

our wedding wasn't what you would call a wedding, after being together for 6 years we decided to get engaged and on the same night, angela left and bought her wedding dress. the next day we woke and decided that that was it, all we wanted was each other for the rest of our lives and we got married.

we booked two tickets on a boat trip out to brownsea island and on the boat, being young and naive, took our life jackets off and married each other there and then. we didn't need any kind of official document from the church saying that we were married, that boat trip, those rings, and our love were enough for each other.

when angela found out she would never be able to have children she was heartbroken, she quite literally went through the five stages of grief, and moved out of our house and on with her sister all together and didn't talk to me for 28 days.

we adopted myla and isla as sisters the next year, they were a dream come true for angela, and me of course.

i would give anything for those girls to be happy, because happiness is exactly what they have angela, and seeing her happy is what gets me out of bed in the morning.