8

Realization stage

By the time I got home the sun was already setting. I was confused and irritated. It was weird how my best friend was in contact with my love but not with me? Even on the way back home and send Nejire a message, asking her how she's doing.

No reply.
Read.
No reply.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and say it was probably because they've been friends longer than I have. But something ached in my chest. I knew something was wrong, but wanted to ignore it.
____________

While in the bath, I was going through old pictures of when we were back in UA. We were all so cute. Everytime I looked at these photos they made me feel better than I would have thought. One photo of me and mirio racing to finish our ice cream without getting a brainfreeze reminded me of the call. I felt bad for not trusting tamaki. "Relationships need trust right?....." I placed my finger tips to me lips "Then how come tamaki doesn't trust me?" I barely said anything about his absent for the last 6 months for his trips and meetings. I always fulfil my part of being his comfort and being there for his needs. Hes always talked to me, "we've always been so close.." So why is it different all of a sudden. My phone glew and the name displayed '𝑀𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑜' I thought back to what I said about trusting tamaki.

Y/n
Give me 10 mins

___𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 30 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍____

Y/n
"Hey Mirio, can I ask something"
You tugged on the strings of tamakis hoodie

Mirio
"Shoot"

Y/n
"Um, How was your night with tamaki?"
'Fuck I worded that wrong'

Mirio
"Uhhh which night?"

Y/n
"It was a few months ago, I was sick and didnt go-"

Mirio
"Y/n, Imma be honest I was drunk, so I don't remember much, but I can tell you what I do remember"

Y/n
"Thank you, thats more than enough"

Mirio
"I guess it was normal night. We took shots, drinks, more shots, we played some bar games, more shots, umm I remeber Nejire trying to compete with tamaki with shots, I don't remember anything from that point of the night, Oh I remember turning in at end of the night and leaving tamaki to nejire, but then I missed like two cabs which sucked ass-"

Y/n
"Wait, tamaki didn't spend the night with you and nejire?"

Mirio
"No? At least not with me"

Everytime mirio denied one of my questions, my anxiety went higher. I wanted to trust tamaki but there were signs. I felt my eyes start to water

Mirio
"Y/n What's up? What's with all the qeustions?"

Y/n
"Nothing! I just remembered how if I would have went, I would have beaten you in all the games~"

Mirio
"Y/n don't lie to yourself"

Y/n
"I'm not, I would have folded your ass!"

Mirio
"You wanna test that theory?! Lets all go drinking on your birthday"

Oh yea my birthday

After 20 more minutes of talking, mirio was called back into work.

I couldn't help but sob into tamakis hoodie. I couldn't lie to myself and say that I trusted him anymore. There was to many signals being sent out. "I'm so blind"

But I wasn't gonna just cry about it. I planned on having a breakdown to myself. Investigating for myself that tamaki might be cheating. And to deal with the outcome. Crying about it, won't change a thing. I kept note of all of these things in my head while I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"He's still not home.."

A/n: Okay in my defense, I actually hate the way this story is coming out. Like Y/n was blind to the signs infront of her. So I didn't want her to just cry about it. First comes pain then you deal with it. After all life is full of bad bitches and Sweethearts and you are one. <3 <3
>:D