Epilogue pt.2

I had a deep sleep last night despite the constant chest pain.

It's 8 am and I was wide awake. I sat straight holding the cake.

My eyes stared into the thin air.

On my side was the letter.

I had been in this position for the whole morning after I woke up at 4 am.

Everything hurt right now. My head ached probably because of dehydration and my crazy screaming.

I felt like I had had a long talk with her again last night.

After I read the letter, I could feel the connection between us again. And for the whole night, I knew I had been chatting with her through my dream.

The tight knot in my heart seemed to have loosened up a bit.

Not that I didn't feel the same for her anymore.

I still loved her a lot. It never went less.

Instead, because of that, I wanted to stay for her, love myself and others as she loved me.

A knock landed on my door and the doctor from yesterday entered.

"Good morning," I greeted.

"How're you? Feeling better?"

I sighed, "yeah. I guess I just didn't understand what she wanted me to do with my life before. But now I understood."

"She sacrificed for me, and if I kill myself," I paused and thought. "She's gonna be sad and I don't want to disappoint her anymore."

By the time I finished expressing my new thoughts, she'd finished pulling the curtains aside.

She turned around and held a small grin on her face. "I'm glad that you understood her."

"No offense but how old are you?"  I asked as I scrunched up my face in confusion.

"What makes you so curious about that?" She laughed and tidied my room.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "You look like you're from my age but you speak like you have a lot of life experiences."

"Hmm... from your profile, I can see that I'm 4 years older than you. I guess that explains."

I raised my brows finally nodding.

"When are you gonna have the cake? I can put it back into the fridge if you prefer that way," she suggested and stepped forward.

I exhaled, "nah. I should have eaten this yesterday on my birthday... Do you wanna have it together?"

She smiled, "thanks but no. Your girlfriend sent it to you, you should have it all-"

"She told me to share it with a friend though." I pointed at the letter.

"Am I your friend already?" She crossed her arms.

I shrugged. "Yeah I guess."

She shook her head and came to the seat next to my bed.

"Now I'm reluctant to send you back home. What if you go to the street and follow anyone you meet cause they're your 'friends'?"

"Excuse me but that's on being dumb and that's not my thing," I snickered and opened the cake box.

She opened the drawer and took two sets of cutlery out.

I carefully cut the cake with a knife and put a slice of it on her plate.

"Don't you have work?" I asked with a face full of obvious disapproval and tilted my head.

"Well," she didn't care at all and continue eating her cake. "My patient asked me to be his companion didn't he? And me, as a responsible doctor, I have to listen don't I?"

"Just say you wanna stay here. Don't have to pretend," I smirked.

"Kids these days." She rolled her eyes but I could see amusement shown on her face.

Ever since Laura's death, I hadn't eaten or smiled at all. The only person that I spoke to was Laura, in front of her grave.

But now, I finally broke the chain and I knew she'd be proud of me.

Perhaps this is the magic of her letter?

"What's your name?" I asked and put my fork down on the plate.

The doctor looked up with some cake crumbs stuck to her lip gloss, her round black glasses slid down a bit on her nose.

I held my laughter.

"I'm Kim Ha-Yoon," she struggled to speak properly as her mouth was full of cake. She offered her hand.

I giggled, "I'm Jeon Jungkook, nice to meet you, noona."

I held and shook her hand.

𑁍The final ending𑁍

This is a whole new ending for you guys. Do you guys like it? I just feel bad for such a depressing ending so I decided to make a brighter one. Let me know what yall think! Thanks for the great support for this book! In the chapter before the epilogue, I wrote that there're only 3k views, but now? About 50k! This is crazy guys. Tysm! Please vote and comment. Byeee!💜