chapter 21

"AREN'T YOU GOING to introduce us, Ben?" A silvery voice asked, drawing all the siblings' attention to the girl sitting beside Ben

She was one of the few unfamiliar people sitting with Zara's brothers. The girl was beautiful, no doubt about it. With light hair and shiny eyes, she was gorgeous. The makeup she wore only emphasized her beauty and Zara would have asked her some tips if she was into wearing makeup at all.

While Zara was wearing a full sleeves graphic tee with some jeans and converse, she was wearing a dark off shoulder dress and some boots. Her long painted nails were wrapped around the coffee mug as she looked from Ben to Zara.

Ben nodded and turned back to his sister,"Zara, this is Ava Foster. My girlfriend." He smiled at Ava who smiled back and gave him a quick kiss.

Wow. Ben showing affection. A rare sight indeed.

Sil rolled his eyes at their affection and took over the introduction. He pointed at his best friend,"Thats Nathan Roger. I am sure you already know that."

"Unfortunately." She confirmed.

"Don't be like that." Nathan chastised with a smile. He knew he was irritating her.

Asshole.

Sil ignored their short exchange and pointed at another guy, the second one from the library,"That's Noah Griffin. Ben's best friend."

Noah passed her a smile while she stared at him with a blank face. His smile widened.

"That's Vera Adams, Ava's friend." He pointed at another pretty girl who nodded in greeting. Zara did the same.

"And lastly but most importantly, we have Issac Lee. My best friend." Tino cut in and pointed at a boy with glasses. He smiled and moved his hair from his forehead. She nodded in return.

"Somedays you would have to catch a ride back home with him because he plays golf and golf practices aren't that long. Sil plays tennis and Ben and I play soccer." Tino continued to explain.

Oh yeah, fancy school. Had every sport imaginable. No surprise there.

She leaned back in her chair,"I can always catch the bus. I don't mind."

Silence fell on the table before they all burst into laughter. Zara just rolled her eyes. She knew a rich people comment was on its way.

"Zara," Noah managed in between chuckles,"Hardly three people board the bus you are talking about. Even the scholarship students bring their own cars."

She gave him a deadpan look and waited till their obnoxious laughter ceased,"Guess I'll be the fourth then." She answered easily.

"She is funny." Vera commented with a giggle.

Zara closed her eyes, trying to gather her patience. Or she might do something she might not regret. Finally opening her eyes, she gave Vera a sweet smile,"Glad I could be your entertainment of the day. Although I am a little worried about your sense of humour. Is it really that dry?"