chapter 31

"SIL DON'T DO it! Please!" Zara begged, struggling to get out of her brother's stronghold

She had been asleep just a minute ago. Then her brothers had an amazing idea of hoisting her over their shoulders and taking her somewhere. Which she had realised by now was the pool.

"Oh, hush. It will be fun!" Tino said as he tailed them. He thought it was going to be fun while she was a second away from having a panic attack.

She glared at him, "It won't be fun! You don't understand. Let me down!" She snapped.

"There is nothing to understand. It's a silly prank. Don't worry, we have all been victims of this." Sil commented, nearing the back door which led to their gigantic pool.

"It's different! Just let me down. I can't do that!"

They ignored her as Sil slid open the back door. Raph was already in the backyard, sitting on a sun lounger while scrolling through his phone, sunlight glinting when it hit his silver lip ring. He laughed as he caught sight of them, "About time this happened." His voice dripped with amusement and Zara wanted nothing more than to take off his stupid sunglasses and stab them in his eyes.

"Raph, fucking stop them! I'll die-" She didn't get a chance to finish her sentence as the next second her body was thrown into the pool, her stomach dropping the moment her skin touched the water.

She breathed in sharply, her panic taking control over her body before she even had a chance of realising that she needed that air. The cold water pulled her down, her flaying hand movements not enough for her to break the surface.

It had been two years since she had been near a pool and now she was stuck in one. Her hands went to her neck in desperation, air leaving her as bubbles floated to the surface. She sank further and further in, no matter how hard she tried to push herself to the surface.

From here, the outside world looked like a dream. As if it was hidden behind a magical veil she couldn't reach. It was happening all too fast yet so slowly.

Her brain screamed at her for lack of oxygen and her lungs burned. It felt like they were being crushed. Her throat closed in on itself- due to fear or lack of oxygen, she didn't know- and she felt immense pain in that region. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't swim. She was far too panicked to think of a way to got out.

Her head ached and her lids started closing as all the air left her. Her muscles got heavy but at the same time so light. As if she was flying and sinking at the same time. Her brain started shutting down as she sank further and further into the abyss.

Zara tried to push her head out of the water but Stephanie held her down, not letting her come up for the oxygen she desperately needed. Her hair was gripped tightly by the older girl and she was not letting her go.

When Stephanie finally pulled her head up from under the pool, she was smiling with such satisfaction, Zara would've thrown up if she wasn't busy gasping for air, "It hurts, doesn't it? You deserve it. You deserve it all."