C H A P T E R 02

02| Not Again!

"Damn! He's hot," I whisper exclaimed to Ariel

"I know right?" She whispered back dreamily.

"He's Rafael Grayson? I didn't expect him to be like this."

I did not quite know what I expected the owner of this huge group to be like, but definitely not this.

"No. I mean he's your immediate boss. Oliver Rivera. You'll report to him."

Suddenly those heavy footsteps began inching closer to us. Even the tapping sound heightened my nervousness. While I was solving the jumble of nerves inside me, Ariel over here was overtly drooling at my boss. Alright, I'll leave him for her.

Sorry good looking guy, you are bro-zoned.

"So you're the new girl?"

I didn't realize when he reached right in front of me. His tone was brusque and totally non comforting.

"Yes, hello. I'm Vi-"

"Ariel get those files from Rafael's office upstairs and get this girl to work. We don't have all day." He cut me off and went away completely ignoring us.

Note to self: All men in this building are arrogant assholes.

Another note to self: Resist the urge to smash their heads or else you might end up getting fired.

Exactly ten minutes later I had a huge pile of files containing financials of six companies from which one best was to be selected. And as my co-worker was on a leave, I had to do it all by myself.

What an amazing first day. Note the sarcasm.

Finally, finally after seven hours of rigorously analyzing those damn financials, I could draft a research report and pass it on to Mr Rivera. I never got a chance to take a break because my crazy boss hated delays!

"Goodbye Ariel." I was finally done with the day.

"So how was day one?" She asked playfully, mocking me.

"Oh this is what I dreamed of. It was perfect," I exclaimed dramatically while she let out a giggle.

I proceeded towards the elevator, waving goodbye at some of the friends I'd made here when a sudden nostalgia hit me once again.

Because something happened, once again.

The jerk wearing a dark grey suit bumped into me once again.

The contents of the maroon folder in his hands scattered down, settling onto the pristine floor in a mess. Suddenly everything went silent. The only sound that could be heard was that of those light sheets of paper rustling haphazardly.