C H A P T E R 56

Bodyguard's Day Out

"What is the meaning of this, Travis?" Oliver looked up from his file, a familiar displeased expression etched to his face

"Ma'am insisted." He said in an apologetic tone.

"Have you forgotten the rules, Travis?" He glared at him.

"The rules have changed, dear brother." I greeted him with the sweetest smile. "You promised to accompany me to the mall and now you're suddenly busy and no one else is ready to go shopping with me, having me to go alone but oh I can't go alone anywhere except for the bathroom and no thanks, I'm not in to roam around with a guy dressed like he's walked straight out of a fancy dress competition."

"That's his uniform, Vittoria." He said monotonously.

I'm so done with all of them. Like seriously, I just get a Sunday free for myself and they have to spoil that too.

"I don't get what's such a big problem if he wears casuals. You'd be surprised but I really don't like the kind of attention I get when I have a personal bodyguard walking behind me."

Last month I was surprisingly invited to a colleague's birthday party and guess what! I got clicked before I even reach there and the next day I see a gossip magazine with some crappy news about my boyfriend Mr Grayson hiring a bodyguard to make sure I don't cheat on him while he's away.

"You are not allowed to get involved with the guards in any way. They aren't your friends, Vittoria." Oliver cringed.

I can't believe I was living the Princess Diaries life. Vittoria do this. Vittoria don't do that.

There was only one way to deal with this problem. Mode ignore my stubborn brother on!

"Where's my phone?" I mumbled to myself, checking my pockets.

"You must've left it in the kitchen, ma'am." Travis informed.

"Thanks. I'll just get it in a second."

I stalked to the kitchen, trying to avoid the annoying noise coming from the north corner of the mansion because of some renovation work going on. It only amplified my headache.

Adrenaline spiked up and a shrill yelp left my mouth when a hand suddenly slammed me into the wall of the kitchen. It slowly sank back when I realized it was just Rafael.

"The fuck, Rafael!" I exhaled, holding a hand over my chest.

"Hello there, señorita." He grinned, shooting a quick look behind him and pecked my cheek once he was sure the coast was clear.

"Señorita is in a hurry." I placed my hands over his chest, pushing him back.

He can grin and smirk all that he likes. But I was still pissed at him.