C H A P T E R 43

43 | Eye Of The Inferno

WARNING: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND SELF HARM

WARNING: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND SELF HARM. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

How much more?

Just how much more until I die and end this tragedy of my life?

My breaths came out in ragged fragments as my eyes registered the mighty iron gate swinging open, rolling the car into hell. The familiar stairs made themselves visible like they had been awaiting me since ages, like they were eager to see me suffer. The car lurched to a halt right across them.

"Step out, Miss Andress." A guard said in his usual straight tone.

The fear returned back in full force, only more powerful now. I was back at my fancy prison. Rafael has already made it clear he wasn't done with me yet.

"I don't want to go back in there." I sobbed, looking at him with pleading eyes which widened in horror when I saw Rafael slam shut the door of his car and stride towards me with flaring nostrils. I instinctively crawled away but he grabbed my hair and hauled me out.

"Aah." I yelped, a scorching pain shooting down my entire body. At this point, I didn't  know what all places on my body had bruises and blood. Every single part of me was burning in agony. Ignoring my cries, he continued dragging me by my hair.

"Jake." He roared. "Gather all the men down in the basement."

My fright quadrupled hearing that word. I struggled fiercely in his sturdy grip. That only caused the pain to heighten.

"Please Jake. Please help me." I called him out in a desperate plea of help.

His eyes were fixated at the marbled floor and his stance remained unchanged. "Yes boss." He said, his voice lacking the usual strength.

"Jake?" I called him again.

The response was a similar guilty gaze trained down before he marched away like I didn't exist.

"W-What are you going to do to me?" I shivered at all the possibilities.

He remained silent and resumed dragging me to the basement. Running out of all the energy, I sagged down as my legs could no longer match with his long strides. It didn't stop him. He yanked me up roughly and continued until we reached a black door wich opened to a tapering staircase.

It was steep and light vanished as we delved deeper into the hellhole. With craggy black walls and steps of unequal heights, this place looked like a cave.

Finally, we reached the cramped space. It was similar to the corridor carrying us down here – dark, dead and crampy. As he had ordered, all the men gathered down, ready for the torture show.

But that wasn't my prime concern right now. More disturbing were the memories that flooded my mind being in a place which bore such close resemblance to that basement. I held my hands tightly over my ears to stop my screams ringing in my head and shut my eyes. It only got worse.