C H A P T E R 72

72 | The Royal Esztar Birthday

"I can believe you got all dressed up just to fool me

"I can believe you got all dressed up just to fool me."

"Last time our acting didn't fool you. It kinda hurt our ego. So we put in our everything this time." Oliver chuckled.

"Such drama queeeaaahhhh"

My toe hit something lying beneath the sea of balloons and I tripped. My flip flops flew high in the air. One landed on Toby's head while the other on Oliver's. I prepared to get a few of my bones broken but surprisingly, I was alright.

"I hope you had a safe landing ma'am." A velvety voice spoke from under me.

My floor speaks? My floor has hands wrapped around me?

As long as my floor is Rafael, yes!

"Happy birthday senorita." He kissed me on the forehead.

"Was this all planned?"

"Happy birthday senorita." He repeated.

The corners of my lips lifted up and I felt my cheeks heating up. "Thank you Rafael."

"Now tell me. Did you really plan to trip me on my birthday?"

"No actually I fell from the ladder. But don't tell anyone. It's a question of my reputation." He whispered, making me laugh like an idiot.

God! I missed his touch so much. Maybe just for a day, I'm going to forget all the issues between us.

Suddenly his grip on my waist tightened and he turned us over in a split second. Balloons bounced frantically at our movement. I couldn't understand why. But then I heard another thud.

The half hung disco ball fell for the ceiling, right on top of Rafael. That could've been me if he hadn't covered me.

His eyes closed shut and he gritted his teeth in pain. "I'm alive!" He groaned, raising his hand up.

"Oh god! Are you okay, Raf?" I examined his shoulder as we got back up.

"Now I am." He grinned, looking at my hand over his shoulder.

The twins looked away awkwardly and Oliver rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"Took you long enough to wish her." The grandpa commented, disapproval etched on his face.

"Look what we have here for you." Toby chimed in quickly, gesturing his hands at the bed where there was a...

"Holy guacamole!"

My hands flew to my mouth and I was on the verge of tears. It was a short black glitter cami dress. I can't believe this! Over the dress was a note along with a rose.

Happy birthday kiddo!
- Masey.

The small note fell down from my trembling hands and my heart beat shot up like crazy.