C H A P T E R 46

46 | The King's Weakness

WARNING! SENSITIVE CONTENT

WARNING! SENSITIVE CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Several pairs of inquisitive eyes stared at me, eager to know what I was up to but I couldn't find the courage to meet anyone's gaze.

So I instead projected my eyes down to the floor as I quite impatiently awaited her presence.

"What going on in here, Rafael?" Oliver demanded, trying his best to remain calm.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by a low whistle. It was Vittoria.

"Oh Rafael." She sighed, standing right in the middle like she was yesterday night. "You should've told me earlier. I wouldn't have worn all these layers. Think about the time we would've saved." She rolled her eyes and swiftly dropped her grey cardigan.

"What are you doing, Vittoria?" I snapped my head up, panicked.

"Are you dumb?" She scrunched her face in annoyance. "I'm stripping." She said nonchalantly.

"Stop it, Vittoria! Please just stop!" I begged.

"Why? Isn't that why I'm here?"

"No."

"Then what is it?" She said irritably. "Make it quick because I've got some appointments for hallucinations. You know like my dead brother, a bloody guy who dared to help me, and-"

Her sentence came to an abrupt halt as she let out an incredulous gasp. Every other person in the room seemed to be imitating her actions, even Oliver. My head was hung low but I could feel the amount of shock in the room as I went down on my knees.

"I sincerely apologize for my actions and am ready to endure any punishment you think is right for me. I know I can't take back what I've done but I want you to know I deeply regret it and am ashamed of myself for the way I treated you."

I meant every single word. I don't care about what they think about me. Nothing was more important than her. Not even my ego.

If at all, I wanted everyone to know that even the untouchable Rafael Grayson was ready to bow down to her. That's how valuable she was for me.

The room was bathed into a stretching silence. So many emotions were swirling inside of us but they all happened to be trapped. All that could be felt were their tremors as they fought to break free.

The terrorizing stillness then snapped like a twig all of a sudden as once again several gasps filled in the silent space. My body hit the floor with a loud thud and the metallic taste of blood perfused in my mouth.

She first punched me then kicked me to the floor.

Yes, you heard that right.

"Alright, I totally deserved tha-"