1. A Life Changer Letter

Sun raised on this day of summer. Holidays were already started for a while and the streets of the littles districts in the country were desert. Children were gone all around the globe. In the town of Cotswold, there weren't many kids left. One of them passed a calm summer waiting in his home, playing with his brother and his sister or reading. If he wasn't gone with his family, it was for a good reason. He was waiting for something.

This boy was named Y/N L/N and waited for a letter, the one that would guide him to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Indeed, he was a wizard. Although his father wasn't, his mother was. Well, saying that he was a wizard was maybe a little bit to easy to say. Y/N could well not receive his letter, like his brother and his sister, and reveal himself as a Squib. As he was a half-blood, this wasn't impossible, even if it would be really strange since the "wizard gene" is dominant.

So the L/N family was at home. While waiting for the letter's arrival, they got into a routine. For the children, free time. The father spent his day at the office and, on the weekend, did a little bit of workout to lose the fat that slowly began to appear. The mother also spent her weekday at the office, but at the Minister of Magic, and, on the weekend, always talked about Hogwarts and how wonderful of a school it was.

So the 18 July 1991 was a big day for the L/N family. In the morning, while everyone was taking breakfast, Mrs L/N went to check the mailbox with the usual eagerness she had since the beginning of the month. Suddenly, a scream came from the garden and she ran into the kitchen.

"What is it?" asked William (A/N: your brother).

"It's here!" Mrs L/N cried in a whisper, like if what was here was a secret. She came close to Y/N gave him the letter. "Open it. And read what is written."

His mother then went close to Mr L/N, taking his arm like if she wasn't sure the letter was real or not. Y/N opened it and the seal broke. His brother and his sister were glued to him, curious to see what the notorious letter said. Y/N unfold the parchment.

"So . . ." he began before reading:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr L/N,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress

"So long but still the same letter. I remember mine as if it was yesterday," said Mrs L/N.

"Mary, don't stop Y/N. It was you who absolutely wanted to listen to him," Mr L/N cut in. "Please, Y/N, continue."

"Let's see. . . ."

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)