2. Hogwarts, a New Home

Today was the big day, the 1st September 1991, the day of Y/N's entry at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. To get there, he had to take the Hogwarts Express at King's Cross Station, which left at eleven o'clock precisely.

"But Mary, there isn't any Platform 9 3/4! What's written on this ticket must be wrong," Mr L/N said.

"I assure you it's right. What did you think? That wizard children would take a usual train which everyone could take? Of course not! Come, it's over there."

Surrounded by the trains' noises and the whistles that were howling, the L/Ns went along the platforms. Once they arrived in front of a pillar between platforms 9 and 10, Mrs L/N stopped.

"So, Y/N, what you have to do to get to Platform 9 3/4 is running to this wall. You'll see you'll pass through it and you'll face a train. Wait for me when you're there."

Breathing heavily, Y/N said goodbye to his father, William and Poppy. Just before he began to run, his mother said, "Molly! It has been so long since the last time we saw each other! How are you?"

"Mary! What are you doing here? We were desperate to never seeing you at the platform," answered a nice lady. She was red-haired and surrounded by five children. Three were older than Y/N, two of these apparently the age of William and one was his age. There was a girl who seemed to be the youngest.

"I bring Y/N this year," Mrs L/N said. "And you, is it the turn of a new one this year?"

"Yes, it is. Here's Ron. He's going for his first year, like you, Y/N."

"Hey," said the boy named Ron.

"Hello," Y/N said awkwardly.

Suddenly, a dark-haired boy arrived and said to the woman named Molly, "Excuse me."

Y/N had the impression that he had seen this boy before. Wasn't he the one at Ollivander? he asked himself.

"Hello dear," Molly said. "First time at Hogwarts? Ron and Y/N are new too."

"Hi," the two boys said simultaneously.

"You're going on the Platform 9 3/4?" asked the boy.

"Yes, we are," Mrs L/N said.

"Can you . . . ?"

"Show you how to get there?" finished Mrs L/N. "Of course."

"Fred, show him how to do," said Molly to one of the two boys that seemed the same age as William.

"I'm not Fred, I'm George," the boy said. "Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"

"Sorry, George, dear."

"Only joking, I am Fred," said the boy, and off he went. His twin hurried after him.

Just after them, another one named Percy—the oldest of the five children—went through the wall. Then it was the turn of the three ones going for their first year. The dark-haired boy went first and after went Ron. Finally, Y/N got through the wall too. He had the impression to pass inside a tunnel and, the second after was facing a long red train. The smoke coming out of the locomotive spread everywhere on the platform. His mother joined Y/N with her friend Molly and said to her son goodbye. She kissed him before letting him get on the train. The moment he put his feet inside, the whistle howled and the train began to moving forward to Hogwarts.

Inside the train, every compartment was already taken by what saw Y/N. He went through the corridor without seeing the ghost of a sit. He moved on until facing a compartment with only one boy inside who was watching the London buildings fading away. Y/N opened the door.