19: Caving Into the Feelings

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
Caving Into the Feelings

TW// Mentions of sexual acts (kinda idk- no smut again sorry lol)

affection by BETWEEN FRIENDS
"I'm looking for affection in all the wrong places
But we'll keep falling on each other
To fill the empty spaces"

affection by BETWEEN FRIENDS"I'm looking for affection in all the wrong placesBut we'll keep falling on each otherTo fill the empty spaces"

The rest of the day was spent with Blair trying her hardest to complete her case files. Her mind constantly wandered to Hotch, in a positive way for the first time in months. Throughout the day her team members continue to nag her, but she dismissed anything they proposed. The moment Garcia and JJ stepped into the bullpen from their offices, Morgan and Emily did not hesitate to fill them in on their assumptions. Now leading the entire team to assume something was finally happening between Hotch and Blair.

"Hotch and I broke up almost months ago! There is nothing going on between us," Blair exaggerated her words for the millionth time that day.

Although those words were coming out of her mouth, her mind told a different story. Blair longed to feel him again. Feel his lips against hers; his large hands behind her neck, in her hair, everywhere. Feel him as if they never broke up, but Blair knew that was impossible. They were, in fact broken up.

However, the kiss only complicated her feelings further. She didn't want it to be a silly mistake, a one time thing; but in order for things to return back to normal like she wanted, that's what it had to be - a one time thing.

Once the clock struck 5:00 pm, Blair couldn't wait to go home. Shoving her things into her messenger bag, Blair began to get ready to leave before Derek stopped her.

"What's the rush, baby girl? You got a hot date?" He teased.

Blair smiled, letting out a chuckle, "In your dreams, hot stuff," she retorted, patting Morgan's chest before walking off and exiting the bullpen.

Emily placed her hands on her hips, "Well, that was good."

"What was?" Spencer asked.

"Blair. She's happy. I haven't seen her that perky in a while. It was almost refreshing to have the original Addams back," Emily explained. Everyone agreed, it felt like a new beginning. A fresh start.

Once home, Blair immediately changed out of her work attire, switching into a more comfortable outfit of sweatpants. She kept her button up on, rolling up the sleeves to her elbows. She didn't have any plans for the rest of the night, but her mood never faltered. Turning on her favorite music, Blair began to clean her apartment. It was long overdue, not having the energy the past month.

After hours upon hours of cleaning, it was now 9 pm. Feeling content with how her home looked, she sat on the couch in her living room, checking her phone for the first time in hours.