VI

Ivy mingled in the bullpen for a few more minutes before Garcia and her went to her office, which wasn't very far

Ivy mingled in the bullpen for a few more minutes before Garcia and her went to her office, which wasn't very far. They walked through the small hallway, and at the end was a door, which Ivy assumed led to Penelope's office. She was proven right when Garcia opened the door and on almost every wall hung screens and bright photographs. Even her desk was littered with pink trinkets and fluffy pens.

Garcia gestured to the only other seat in the small room, "Have a seat."

Ivy sat down on the chair, and Garcia followed, rolling her chair up to the keyboard. She typed for a moment, and then a pop up on the left side of the screen came up.

Penelope looked to her right at Ivy, "So to start, I'm going to need the basics. Name, sex, birthday, that kind of thing."

She nodded, "His name is Finn Sukinov, born November 18, 2018."

Garcia turned back to her keyboard, and began typing in the information. Then, another box popped up and she turned back to Ivy, "There's a lot of names here, so I'm gonna need some more info."

"I spent my first, and most of my second trimester here in Virginia, but I went back to Russia until Finn was born." Ivy watched as Penelope started typing at the computer, and she decided to help narrow it down further, "We stayed in Russia until he was old enough to fly, then we came back to Virginia. That's when I placed him up for adoption."

She typed the rest of the information into the computer and turned back to Ivy, "Okay, I have three possible matches, two of them were adopted before their first birthday, the third has barely any information on file."

Ivy swallowed, "Can I see the pictures?"

Garcia nodded, and moved her chair over slightly, giving Ivy the room to look at the computer screen. The first boy was a ginger, so Ivy only had to glance to know that he wasn't Finn. The second boy looked similar, blonde hair, brown eyes, but after looking closer Ivy knew that that young boy wasn't Finn either. Finally, her eyes rested on the third boy. He had blonde curly hair, and had hazel eyes, her eyes.

Ivy lifted her finger and pointed to the third boy, "That's him. That's Finn."

She sat back down in her chair, letting Penelope rest back in front of the computer.

She smiled, "He looks a lot like you."

Ivy looked over at Garcia, "You think?"

"Oh for sure." She responded, nodding slightly with a smile still on her lips, "He has your eyes."

Garcia was right. His bright, youthful gaze was just like hers. Or how hers used to be.