14

after finishing talking about the strategy, all of you started walking to the assigned place of the forest where the first part of the event would start.

with yuuji now walking next to you, he was observing you closely. with narrowed eyes he was looking at you weirdly. noticing this and turning your head at the boy. "yuuji is something wrong?"

almost immediately, he replied, "what is your relationship with him?" he asked while pointing at inumaki who was walking in front of you.

you gulped at the sudden question. you felt your cheeks burn slightly too. the two of you were just friends at the moment but you would be lying if you said you werent interested in him.

"we are close friends." you said while smiling to yourself. yuuji still seemed suspicious of you. but left the question nonetheless.

as the 7 of you arrived at a place to take a break, you saw yuuji and megumi talking to themselves in a corner. the mood got rather gloomy.

all you could make out was megumi saying something along the lines of, "something happened, didnt it?"

you decided not to interrupt them and spoke with nobara about all the amazing things you would do when you guys would win the event. "we could go shopping and have a movie night with everyone from jujutsu tech, y/n!" she said excitedly.

"what about a horror movie marathon too! the first one who gets scared has to..." you tried to come up with an acceptable punishment, "get snacks from the vending machine a whole week!" you decided with a smile on your face.

nobara and you laughed at the idea and both accepted it, now you just needed to convince the other 5 to join too. but first came the event of course.

after megumi and yuuji were done talking, the 7 of you finally got moving. "lets overwhelm them!" nobara yelled out  before parting.

yuuji caught up and was now standing in front of you and the group of other students from the tokyo school and smiled while saying determined, "well, lets win then!"

he turned around and immediately got hit in the back by makis foot who playfully kicked him. "what are you doing taking the lead?" she asked him as he was laying face down on the ground.

after walking for what seemed like 10 minutes, you finally reached your final destination and the event could start at any given moment now.

surrounded by the tallest trees, you felt excited as what would come. inumaki in front of you noticed you and waved to catch your attention.

you looked at him patiently and he gave you a thumbs up, indicating that everything would be alright. it had calmed your nerves down a bit and you still didnt know how he managed to do that everytime.

smiling at him, you took a deep breath and he came to stand next to you. taking this opportunity, you spoke up, "inumaki-senpai, were you nervous at your first exchange event?" you asked him.

"bonito flakes." he simply answered as he shook his head. now he took an opportunity to ask, "mustard leaf?" showing concern for you.

you knew instantly what it meant after you spend most of your last three months here with inumaki, and replied to him. "im a little nervous, but in a good way." you started saying while looking to your side hesitantly.

"but i know we can win." you then spoke while looking inumaki in the eyes while giving him a small smile. you saw the lower half of his eyes crook, showing that he was smiling too.

right at that moment, you heard gojos voice through the speakers that were placed in the forest. "now then, shall we finally begin?" he paused but then continued, this time he had a bit of amusement in his voice.

"first lets hear a few words of our well appreciated from utahime-senpai!" he spoke through the microphone.

you heard the said utahime-senpai snap at gojo, "huh?!" you heard first, she then followed with a, "uh, lets see..." all of you were patiently waiting for her piece of advice as she was a strong and respectable sorcerer.

when she found the right words to say, she spoke up. "... some degree of injury will be unavoidable." utahime said at first, warning the students of the obvious.

"so then... just help each other out... or something." the principal spoke flustered. just as she wanted to say more, gojo had interrupted her, "times up!"

utahime cursed at gojo which was still audible through the speakers and you laughed at the dynamic they had.

"now let the sister school exchange event begin!" gojo spoke out. you sighed as you had waited way too long for this moment and started running with everyone else.

after deciding on the strategy, maki had assigned you to stay at the back of the group together with her to be an unexpected offense.

it was a smart strategy, your technique was long ranged so you could just shoot up too the front in a few seconds if you wanted, and if you stayed behind, no one would expect you to do so.

yuuji spoke up and asked to no one in particular, "where do you think the cursed spirit is?" panda answered this question for him while still keeping up his speed. "probably between both schools."

you added on to pandas statement, "but its not just going to sit still, you know." you said while picking up your speed a bit.

as you guys continued running, you saw a cursed spirit in a spider form hanging from the trees. "where are you going?" it spoke creepy.

just as maki was about to exorcise the curse, megumi spoke up in a loud voice. "senpai stop!"

as expected, something happened, you saw a gust of wind with sand and even branches flying up your way. you stopped running like the others and shielded your face with your arms in an x-like position.

inumaki who stood next to you did the same and all 7 of you embraced for the upcoming impact. finally after all the wind got blown away, you let your arms fall back to your side.

that wasnt for long untill you spotted the one who made the unnecessary wind in the first place, it was toudou. you raised your arms again and got in an defensive fighting stand.

he stood straight and looked at the group after he just exorcised the cursed spirit. smiling wide and speaking up in his usual loud voice. "great, youre all here!"