Chapter 7

M A K I ~

"Maki, are you okay?" All the children who were present looked at the shaking young girl who ran ran out of the classroom once seeing the bottle

"Maki!" Naruto yelled, looking for Iruka and eventually finding him.

"Maki ran away!" Iruka dropped his papers and stood as quickly as he could. The two ran back to the class where all the kids were huddled up together.

"What?!"

"She just suddenly started shaking when she saw a Sake bottle and ran out of the room..." Shikamaru grunted while the elder mans eyes widened and he ran, searching for the young girl.

"Maki? Maki!" No answer.

Another teacher exited his class, asking what was wrong and leaving to contact Tenzo.   In a few minutes, the ANBU appeared with his senpai and asked where the girl he was taking care of was.

"We don't know. Apparently she ran out of the class for some reason."

"You let her?"

"I wasn't there. I was printing out papers." Tenzo sighed, nodding at Iruka and thanking him before asking Kakashi to summon one of his dog to track the young girl.

"What do you think happened with her?"

"Maybe she saw something that scared her?"

"Most likely..." He answered back. Something that scared Maki? He couldn't think of too much.

Maki wasn't very far, as expected. But she was at a decent distance from the academy, and when they found her, back against the tree and terrified eyes, they knew they assumed right. She looked just about to cry, and it broke the two's hearts.

Crouching down to her level, Tenzo spoke softly.

"Are you alright, Maki?" She whimpered softly and shook her head.

"What's wrong?" Maki  suddenly lunged forwards and buried her head in his waist.

"I..." She cried, stuttering her words out. "I don't wanna see that again..." He picked her up, but she didn't remove her head from his shoulder and cried.

"What did you see...?"

"Th-The bottle..." He rose an eyebrow, making eye contact with his senpai.

"A...Bottle?"

"It was the stuff mom and dad used to drink...The bottles they hit me with too..." Their eyes widened and they realized what she was talking about.

"Alcohol?" She tightened her grip on him. 

"They- They always looked at me so much worse when they drank it. I don't know why." He lightly bounced her up and down and made small shushing sounds, somehow eventually calming her down as he thanked his senpai who nodded and teleported away.