57

(A/N Grab your tissues everyone)

Maki clenched the black seal in her hands and charged at Isshiki, a little slower than usual since she couldn't use chakra to increase her speed. If she could just place a single finger on Isshiki this seal could be firmly placed on him.

Isshiki was distracted by Shisui but seemed to tense as soon as she moved closer to him. It made her eyes widen and body slow down when she realised he could sense her, but it was too late. Because just as Maki had placed the seal on his back, Isshiki turned around with a chakra rod and pierced her.

He sneered at her and spoke, digging the rod deeper into her at the same time while more and more blood fell from her mouth. 

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't notice you?" His eyes widened when the seal began to take its effect and the rest of the words he'd planned to say were caught in his throat. All movement ceased, the only exception being Shisui as he began to seal the Otsutsuki away and Maki as she stumbled backwards. She was frozen, too shocked to even process what had just happened. Hand wandering to the blade in her, she grasped it and slowly began to realise.

She'd been stabbed, and she wasn't healing.

"MAKI!"

"Papa...?"

"MAKI!" Tenzo cried out in horror as he ran towards his child, and soon everyone else began to follow. Tenzo fell to his knees and shifted the brunette so that her head was resting on his head but she could still see everybody. Shisui grabbed his hair and gritted his teeth, his medical ninjutsu wasn't working and he didn't know why! It was as if- as if her body had just stopped responding!

Tenzos eyes shifted back and forth from her cyan ones and back to the large rod piercing her. Her chest moved up and down slowly with each ragged breath she took, and it pained him greatly to see how much pain she was in. Still, he wanted to think positively even though the worst-case scenario was the most likely at the moment. He wiped the blood around her mouth and Maki decided that was when she would begin to speak.

"P-Papa," The simple word made tears collect in his eyes, because this was the very first time she'd called him such an endearing term but the tone she used to call him such was sad. She spoke as if what was happening to her was inevitable, like she had known this would happen all along. "I... I'm going to die..."

Tenzos heart dropped and its only sunk further when water began to collect in her eyes but refused to spill. That was so like Maki, refusing to reveal her emotions despite how much pain she was feeling. Just once, just once, Tenzo wishes she would tell him how she felt.