Chapter 11: Night Terrors

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- February 20, 2023 - 15th Floor - Dark Forest - 

The sun rose over the 15th floor as our dynamic duo was searching for a town, the boss raid on the 14th floor was a couple of days ago and not much was known since almost everyone in the beta was stuck on floor 10. Luckily, the armored beater knew the landscape. Currently, Asuna and Ares were heading towards a nearby town.

Asuna: How much longer until we're there?

Ares: Not long, we better hurry though. The mobs mostly spawn at night here.

Asuna: Yeah I was meaning to ask you, what is the theme of this floor?

Ares: .....Well, it's a ghost-themed floor.

Asuna: G-Ghosts?

Ares: Yeah.

Asuna: Like, actual ghosts that can walk through walls and stuff?

Ares: Mostly, I suspect not many players will stay on this floor due to the strange occurrences that happen here.

Asuna: L-Like what?

Ares: Things falling over, sudden cold temperatures, and the feeling of being watched when on the field.

This made her shiver, she had always had a fear of anything paranormal. As a child, she would constantly have nightmares of ghosts toying with her and it became worst during thunderstorms. She already felt uneasy being there but with that information, it made it even worse. She slowly walked faster and tried staying close to the swordsman as she kept her hand on the handle of her rapier.

Ares: ...Something wrong?

Asuna: N-No, nothing's wrong.

Ares: ...Alright.

The darkness had quickly overcome the skies and they continued walking and could see the lights of the town up ahead.

Asuna: Thank goodness, we finally made it.

Ares: ...Don't turn around.

This confused the girl and out of curiosity she did not listen, her body went cold like ice. Behind her was a female figure with a dark aura around her, her hair was pitch black and her skin was pale white. The figure began to slowly walk towards her and Asuna turned around and grabbed onto anything around her as she shivered and shut her eyes close. Unknowningly, she grabbed onto the other player who looked at her with confusion.

 Unknowningly, she grabbed onto the other player who looked at her with confusion