Chapter 16: Best Gift

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- September 30, 2023 - 4th Floor - Rovia -

It has been 3 months since Ares had saved the Moonlit Black Cats. During that time, Kirito had gotten into a relationship with the girl in the guild Sachi, they had been growing their relationship prior, but the experience had made them realize that their time together could be cut short, so they got together. It had been made common knowledge to the public that traps exist in the high-level dungeons and to be warry of treasure chests.

Meanwhile, the assault team had made great progress and reached floor 38, clearing 10 floors in 3 months. The Knights of the Blood Oath had grown in numbers is currently the highest membered guild in SAO. The amounts of death on each boss raid has lowered significantly to where there are no casualties thanks to commander Heathcliff's strategies.

Currently, our heroes are in their humble home as the sun rose shined over the town of Rovia. Today was a rest day, they had been working nonstop on floor clearing and it can be exhausting on the mind. Like any other day, the armored swordsman got up early to do his daily training session, once he finishes he goes for a quick shower to refresh. After getting dressed he then begins to clean every piece of his inventory.

Once he finishes, he goes to the kitchen and starts to make breakfast for himself and his partner in battle

Once he finishes, he goes to the kitchen and starts to make breakfast for himself and his partner in battle. He has practiced his cooking skill and has reached a high level, not long ago, his partner had asked him to train her in the arts of culinary and he did not oppose her wishes. She had practiced hard and is raising her cooking skills higher and higher with each time she practices, he bets that she will surpass him one day.

After cooking breakfast and setting up the table, he goes upstairs to his partner's resting quarters. He knocks on the door and is responded by silence, he knocks again and gets the same response.

Ares: Asuna, breakfast is ready.

He once again gets no response and he checks the clock on his menu. It was starting to get late in the morning but she could still be asleep. He slowly and quietly opens the door and is met by a dark room due to the closed curtains. He can see a figure lying on the bed, not wasting any more time he goes and pulls the curtains open to let the sunlight in. He turns around to see the sleeping beauty on her bed as small and gentle snores could be heard.