Chapter 17: Christmas Renegade

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- December 24, 2023 - 1st Floor - Town of Beginning -

It has been 3 months since the chestnut-haired swordswoman's birthday and the assault team has reached the 49th floor, during this time the Moonlit Black Cats has joined the assault team and helped defeat "DX-R5" the 48th floor boss.

Currently, the dynamic duo sat in dining hall in the town of beginnings. They once again join Sasha and Diabel at the church for the holidays, they just finished dinner and the children sat around the Christmas tree reading tales of the special day.

Sasha: I heard that your friend Kirito and his guild joined the 48th boss raid, how did they do in your opinion?

Ares: Kirito is a good strategyzer, he knows the strength and the weaknesses of his team and he places them where they are the most useful.

Asuna: I have to agree, they worked well alongside the assault team since Kirito was a member. And we're are nearly to the half way point of the game, it feels like there is finally hope for escape.

Diabel: I second that, I can see it grow in the people in town. You two are doing great out there.

Ares:..... It's just our job. If you would excuse me, I have something to do.

He said as he stood up and walked out of the dining hall and the three players looked at him worried. His attitude has changed lately, his partner has noticed this but has ignored it due to believing it is something personal.

Asuna: *Thoughts* Maybe he has something important to do out in the real world and that is what changing his attitude. Or...it's something else.

- TimeSkip - 49th Floor - Myujen -

In the city of Myujen on the 49th floor, the gigantic Christmas tree lit up the town and the holiday spirit was in the air

In the city of Myujen on the 49th floor, the gigantic Christmas tree lit up the town and the holiday spirit was in the air. Near the tree, the armored player sat on a bench looking directly in front of him.

Ares:.....Come out before I have to drag you, I don't have time for this.

A small figure walked out of the shadows, it was covered in a dark brown cloak. But once it lifted it high enough to show its face, it was revealed to be the info broker, Argo.