003┆chapter three

CHASING CARS

CHASING CARS

three.      edward

▬▬ CASSIE LAUGHED AS she and Mike threw a tennis ball back and forth at the lunch table, only joining in on the conversation a few times. Tyler had made a comment about the upcoming weekend and Eric suggested that they all hang out at his place and watch horror movies.

"The last time we watched a horror movie you didn't sleep for the entire weekend." Cassie laughed at the boy as she caught the tennis ball Mike had tossed to her.

"I have matured since then."

"It was two weeks ago." Mike told him, getting a laugh from Cassie and Tyler.

"I hate all of you." The Asian boy muttered as he sank down in his chair.

"Hey, Cas, you know where the Cullens are?" Mike asked, nodding towards the table that Bella sat at alone.

"No idea." She shook her head as she looked over at her sister. "But I'm sure it's nothing." She added, turning around to toss the ball back to Mike, but she felt bad for her sister, Bella looked upset but Cassie never really knew how to talk to her.

"So, movie night this weekend?" Eric asked, bringing the attention back to the previous conversation.

"No can do." Cassie shook her head. "Got plans."

"With her La Push friends." Mike added and Cassie threw the tennis ball at his head; it hit his forehead and bounced towards Tyler, who was quick to catch it.

"Aww, is Mikey jealous?" Tyler teased, using the nickname that only Cassie called the blue-eyed boy.

"No." He huffed as he glared.

"He's jealous." Eric added, then Jess and Angela joined them.

"Who's jealous?" Angela asked as she looked at the four.