• 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚖 •

Posted On: 04-07-2021 [7:20 PM PST]
Author's Note:
Hello!  I'm back on this book. Sorry for the crazy one week inactivity :( Midterms was not so nice on me lmao. BUT ANYWAYS, I'm back now and I'll be uploading new chapters for this book twice a week from now on. I don't have a certain days planned yet, but do expect two chapters a week hihi.This chapter is fairly lengthy to make up for the lost days haha.
ANYWAYS, THANK YOU FOR READING & ENJOY<3<3<3<3<3<3

*DISCLAIMER: SOME CHARACTERS ARE MADE TO BE THIRD YRS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS STORY & IS NOT ACCURATE TO ACTUAL HAIKYUU

Y/N's POV

It's been roughly a month now since school started and nothing much has changed.
Iwaizumi is still the best as usual, while his bestfriend is the COMPLETE opposite.
Despite the fact that I gave him a peace offering.

"Ready to go?" Iwa asks holding his hand out for me to pass my backpack to him.
He and I have Chemistry class together so we head to our lockers at the same time.
We didn't talk much on our way there because of the busy halls, so we held our mouths till we got to the lockers.
"Are you free tonight?"
"Me? Uh I think so why?" We both shoved our textbooks in our lockers.
"We have a practice game today with one of the strongest teams outside our prefecture, you might know them"
He gave me a look as if he's expecting me to be on the same page.
But I guess he realized that my face says otherwise and he let out a deep sigh.
"Just come tonight and see for yourself okay?"
I gave him a nod even though I was dying to reject the invitation.
Sure it's been a month, but I hardly made any friends.
Most are class acquaintances.

After school I didn't see Iwa since he's probably in the gym already.
"Y/N!! HEY! WAIT UP!" I heard someone scream my name in the parking lot so I turned around.
Only to see the most annoying person to ever exist at this school.
Tooru Oikawa.
"What do you want? And aren't you suppose to be getting ready for the game?" He followed me to the direction of where I had parked my car and I can hear him trying to hide his exhaustion from trying to catch up to me.
"Not clear to play, knee injury here." He pointed at his knee brace.
I almost felt bad, then I realized, I couldn't have possibly caused that so I don't care.

"I needed to ask you something.. Do you already have a partner in our Social/Community class ?"
I shook my head no with a slight embarrassment.
"Great! Then we'll partner up-"
"Who said I'd want that?!" I retaliated.
As desperate as I am to find a partner, he'd be the last one I'd ask.
"Well did you have a list of candidate to choose from?" He raised his eyebrow at me.
We reached my car and I didn't say anything.
"That's what I thought so. Unlike you, I actually have a lot so you're the lucky one" he scoffed.
Here he is again flattering his ownself.
Gosh, what an asshole.
"Good, then go choose someone else. Cus I'd rather work alone" I rolled my eyes and got in my car.
I started the engine while he frantically knocked on my window then ran behind my car.
What the actual FUCK.

"What the fuck are you doing?! Get out of the way" I rolled down the window to see him blocking the way out.
"No! You have to agree to partner up with me or we're both not leaving the parking lot."
You've got to be kidding me
I stopped the engine and got out the car with my backpack.
"Suit yourself, I can walk home"
"Wait wait okay okay IM SORRY!" He stood in front of me with a desperate look.
"The thing is, I don't really wanna partner up with some random fan girl it's annoying." He rubbed the back of his neck.
As if lowering his ego killed him inside.
"Hah! So YOU need me" I laughed and rubbed it on his face.
But nonetheless I complied.
Besides, it's not like I wasn't in a desperate need of finding a partner.