• 𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚢? •

Posted On: 04-16-2021 [5:40 pm PST]
Author's Note:
Hello besties!! Here's the first upload of the week for this story :3 Expect another chapter or two tomorrow, and if I have time, I might add some fanarts here and there. I'm also in the process of drawing a better cover for this bc I HATE IT UGH!! Nonetheless, I HOPE u enjoy this chapter and the story overall.
AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR READING & ENJOY<3<3<3<3
Cya tomorrow!!!

—————————————————————————

IWAIZUMI'S POV

I woke up with the TV still on..
And in a bed I'm unfamiliar with.
Holy shit.
I looked around the room half asleep and realized where I am and who I'm with.
Y/n.
She was nestled in the crook of my body but woke up shortly after.
I can tell the shock written across both of our faces.

"Well, we're both still wearing our clothes from last night.. I doubt we did anything" I tried comforting her.
She seemed really freaked out and I could say the same thing.
Neither of us could remember what happened last night.
"Don't worry.. I'm sure we just had a lot of-"
"I think we made out.." she cut me off and her cheeks were flushed red.
She covered her face with both of her hands from?
The embarrassment?

"I-I mean.. I don't have a problem with it.. unless you do..?" I asked nervously.
My heart was racing and I was worried that this might affect our friendship.
But I watched her sigh in relief and the worried look on her face faded eventually.
"Really? You're still cool with me? I don't want this to affect our friendship" she said with puppy eyes.
I'm glad that we're both on the same page.
I reassured her that things will stay the same and we'd forget it ever happened.
"UGHH you're the best Iwa!" She threw her arms over me as if nothing happened last night.
I'm really glad.

After realizing that it's almost 10 am and I'm now an hour late to my weekend practice, I left and drove off immediately.
I was surprisingly in a very chirpy mood despite the fact that I'm running late for practice.
Usually, I'd be really cranking and have short temper.
I couldn't really pin point what it was, but I'm assuming it's because of Y/N.
I was afraid we just ruined our friendship over alcohol, but she's more open minded than I thought.
I think that's why I'm happy right now?

"Sorry, I'm late!" I rubbed the back of my neck and tried to crack a smile at my team.
"What the hell is wrong with you?? YOU'RE AN HOUR LATE IWA!" Oikawa yelled.
Usually, I'd argue back or yell at him, but I didn't have the urge to do so.
"Sorry, captain. I promise it won't happen again" I placed my stuff down on the bench and did my warm-ups.
I was minding my own business stretching, when Oikawa approached me from behind.
"What the hell has gotten into you today? You're smiling from ear to ear and might I add, you came late??"
"I guess you could say I woke up on the right side of bed this morning" I said without even thinking.
Shit.
"I..I meant to say, I just really had a good rest last night that's all, I promise" I said defensively.
Knowing Oikawa, he didn't buy anything that came out of my mouth.
But he left me alone for the rest of practice.
Though, I can't exactly say the same thing after practice..

"IWA! WAIT UP!!" I heard him call out while I was heading to my car.
"You got time to come over at my place today?? I got something I need advice on" he said anxiously.
I can already tell this is about someone I have no interest on.
"Is this about your on-again, off-again girlfriend? Yamamoto?" I asked under my breath.
Oikawa and Yamamoto has always been in a toxic relationship for almost three years now.
And from the expression that Oikawa is giving me right now, there's no doubt they're off-again.
I agreed and we drove to his house.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Oikawa!" I gave his mom a hug as soon as I stepped in the house.
"Hajime!! I haven't seen you in a while, did you get taller!?!"
I love Tooru's parents.
They treat me like their own and same goes with my family and Tooru.
We headed up to his room and I was eager to cut to the chase.

"Okay, spill. What is it this time??"
I laid my back horizontally on his bed with my feet still planted on the ground and tossed the volleyball up while I waited for him to speak.
"I saw Yamamoto with a guy this morning at a cafe nearby school.. I think he's in our swim team" Oikawa sighed.
It's always like this.
"I keep telling you dude, you two are just toxic for eachother. It's not worth it, get over her already"
"Nah, but I'm pretty sure she's only doing this because she wants to get me jealous and beg her to come back to me again" he answered defensively.
"Well, if you already know that, then what's the issue? Don't try and get her back, easy" I said nonchalantly.
As much as I'd like to hear about his pathetic 'temporary-ex-girlfriend', I'm so sick of their never ending saga of break ups and hook ups.
"I can't even tell if you're actually heartbroken about this. You were just hooking up with a girl from our Calculus class a few weeks ago, and kissed Y/N a few days ago" I added.
"Yeah, but those mean nothing. I'm just kinda trying to distract myself. I still want her back though yanno?? I need to come up with something" he said while sitting on the ground.
It took a few minutes of complete silence until..
"I GOT IT!" Oikawa yelled in half volume.

"What if.. I ask Y/N to be my girlfriend?"
His phrase almost took the life out of me and I was in disbelief.
"What?! You and her barely get along-"
"I didn't mean like ACTUAL girlfriend. A fake one. We're working on this community service project anyways and we'd be spending a lot of time together, so it'd be believable." He said enthusiastically.
I can tell the change in mood in Oikawa, and I have no doubt about his determination to execute his plan.
However..part of me is against it..
I can't quite put a finger on it, but I have the urge to stop him.
"H-how? What makes you think she'll agree to go along with fake dating you?" I asked anxiously.
There's no way she'd be in on this...right?
"Easy. She's got an annoying ex boyfriend she needs to piss off. And I could be of good use to piss Atsumu off" he smirks at the thought of it.
"When are you going to tell her your stupid plan?"
"About that.. I was kinda hoping you help me talk to her about it?" He looks at me and I immediately failed to catch the ball with my hands.
Ouch.
"Yea , no. If you need her for your stupid plan. I'm not participating. You do all the work, I'm outta here" I got up and told him I'm tired and plan to head home.

What's this weird feeling..
I'm irritated that he even thought of doing that..
But why?
It's not like I'm dating her right?
Why does it matter that they might fake date?
It's just fake, why should I care..

I couldn't quite explain how I'm feeling..

Wait..

Don't tell me..

I'm jealous?