Will Fear Come True?

[Gun's POV]

I opened my eyes, and a sudden brightness almost blinded me. My hands immediately shielded my face, and it took some time for my eyesight to get adjusted to the light.

It was then I realized I was lying on the floor in an oversized, white T-shirt and a pair of long jeans, a single shaft of light shone on me from above in the surrounding darkness. I felt scared even though I knew I had entered the Dream World. My eyes wandered around the dim surroundings.

I blinked once, then suddenly, the dimmed atmosphere became slightly brighter than it was before. I blinked again and heard someone...snoring. To speed up the process, I shut my eyes and counted down from ten before opening them again. The place looked vaguely familiar and different at the same time. And that's when I looked behind me at a framed, dusty photograph on the peach wall, I realized whose mind I had entered.

P'Off 's apartment living room.

I took a step back and felt my toe touch against something. Looking down, papers were strewn across the marble floor, some balled-up; some torn with age; some still in envelopes.

I heard the same snore coming from the couch in the living room, and it sounded just like me. I cautiously went towards the source of the sound and, with one look at the person, I almost shouted with surprise.

The sleeping person is me! But, it couldn't be. I'm standing right here! Suddenly, the sound of a door opening and closing came behind me. I turned around to see Off Hyung, entering the room and walking toward 'me'. I blushed even though I knew he couldn't exactly see me.

I watched myself waking up after Off's call and, with a tiny twinge of jealousy, watched as myself flinging his arms around the older's neck. Although I was standing quite near them, I still couldn't hear their started conversation. Luckily, I learned to read lips before so I can understand what they're talking about.

"Hyung, you're finally back!"

"Wow. Someone's lookin' excited. What happened?"

"You want to hear the good news?"

"What is it?" I looked at Off's expression, he seemed stressed out, but happy at the same time.

"I'm bearing our child," said my dream self.

"P-pardon?"

"We have a child in my belly and it's healthy. And. It's a boy!!"

I saw my dream self looking up at Off's face, instead of seeing gladness, all he and I saw was pure shock and horror. My tears begin to well up, I don't know why but something tells me the God of Bad Luck is upon them.

"You're pregnant?" Off's voice sounds calm and collected, but I know what Papii's tone is like when he tries not to let out his anger. As if the dream me also knew that, his delighted expression slowly faltered by the fierce gaze of his boyfriend.

Suddenly, like a distorted TV show, everything around me blurred for a second before it cleared again, revealing exactly same scene that I had painfully overcome.

The one scene that had been haunting me, torturing me for the past ten years.

But, instead of my ex-boyfriend Oab looking down at me with disgust, in his place was P'Off instead. I moved my eyes and saw my dream self in exact same position, sitting on the roadside, begging for another chance, but didn't get to.

Then, P'Off turned his gaze from my dream self to look at me. I froze. I wanted to shut my eyes but I couldn't. I wanted to wake up from this world immediately. I shouldn't have fallen asleep in the car!!

Instead of walking, P'Off glided towards me like a ghost. As he opened his mouth, his voice echoed loudly in a frightening tone:

"You dare to tell me you're pregnant? I disgust you. I just wanted a perfect life with YOU and YOU ruined it! Do you know something? You want to know the truth about why I wanted to be your boyfriend?!"

I covered my ears, to prevent myself from knowing because I knew what he would say. exact same sentence that once tore my heart into pieces like paper. But, I could still hear it.

And it came.

"I have been using you as an excuse for my entire life."

I couldn't take it anymore and shut my eyes, tears fell and my heart broke. Then, I heard a faint rumbling sound, it became louder and louder, and louder. I felt the ground shift and heard cracking noises. I opened my eyes to see Off's face close to mine.

"GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!" At the last word, he pushed me and I fell into the deep hole of darkness...

Once again...

"Where hopes are unrealistic, fears often become exaggerated; where dreams alone are blueprints, nightmares result." - Anthony Daniels.