Chapter 15 (The End)

"I got a job. I'll be moving out by the end of next week."

It was silent for a while. It felt like time, space and orientation stopped then and there. Kai and Miles stared at Axel like he was kidding. It has been sometime since they conversed with Axel but these weren't the first words they expected him to say.

Axel also mentally facepalmed because he didn't intend to tell this so blandly. He wanted to explain and compromise them but well, what has been done has been done. It doesn't really matter anymore.

Miles was the one who broke the silence, "You're leaving? Like you're actually moving out? Why would you do that and... when did you get a job?"

"The interview was today. I got a job. I'm sorry but I can't stay here anymore." His reply contained a tears as it echoed through the walls. The quietness that followed echoed as well. No words could describe what they were feeling but the common emotion that radiated though everyone was hurt. They were hurt in their own way. They were BROKEN in their own way.

"I don't understand." This time it was Kai but his voice held such pain, Axel felt his heart shatter.

"Why do you think I would stay? First, you left me without any proper explanation. You made my life utter hell. Next, you invited me to stay in your house. Even though you were engaged. Even though you were about to get married. You still pushed me to stay in your house. Only I know how much it hurt to see the both of you so lovey-dovey together when I yearn for love. Love from the both of you. And last, when I finally admitted my love for you, you just kissed me and left me hanging. You left me in such a situation; I didn't know what to do. You kissed me and didn't bother to talk to me about it. I felt I was a play toy that you could break and throw away and expect it to return fully normal just for you to break it again. Even after all this, I still love you. Whatever you might do. I will still love you. Life without the both of you hurts. I've been enduring all that from so long I'm barely holding. I don't know how I stay without going insane. I love you. But shouldn't be the cause of the damage in your relationship. I'm sorry. I don't want to leave, but... I have to. I'm so confused and it's not getting any better by this silent treatment of ours. Please don't hurt me anymore or get hurt. Please don't stop me. Please."

By the end of this, Axel was sobbing as the tears that fell down looked like they're not about to stop anytime soon. Everything Axel has been bottling up since the time Miles broke up with him burst out at once, and Axel could tell this was the end. He didn't look at them all the time he was speaking and he definitely didn't have the guts to look at them now. They were probably disgusted by what he said.

The tension grew in the room and now, Axel had to look at them. He wanted to be sure if he was to run away now or if he had enough time to pack. He slowly tilted his head up, meeting their eyes and he saw something he didn't expect to see. They had tears in their eyes. Kai was silently crying too.

Why were they crying? Axel had no idea. He expected to see disgust and anger in their eyes but he saw tears. Axel's knees buckled and he dropped down. He lay there, on the floor, sobbing and holding his chest as Kai and Miles immediately rushed to his side. Miles dropped on his knees and held Axel tightly while Kai hugged him from behind.

This just confused Axel more. Why were they hugging him? Did they pity him. Do they regret what they did? Do they... like him?

"Oh Axel! We're so sorry. It was all our fault. Please forgive us. We regret leaving you. We regret hurting you. I'm so sorry. I know we don't deserve your forgiveness, your trust but please forgive us. After all these days, we.. we- we started falling for you. I know you wont trust us but we won't do the same mistake again. We learned from our mistake. We Understood that we're always incomplete without you. You bring life to our relationship. Please Axel, we like you. We want to be with you. Don't leave me. Don't leave us. Please believe us. Take as long as you want but we need you. All these years, we felt incomplete, we just didn't understand why. Please... Please stay with us."

Hearing Kai, Axel froze. They like him? How? Can he trust them. Can he go with them? He can't be sure that they won't hurt him. So what should he do?

"You know, even though my parents were never with me, Victor was my mentor. He thought me that everybody deserves to be forgiven. I believe in a second chance. I think everyone has a right for second, third and fourth chances. But please, I can't take it if this happens one more time. It will take some time for me to trust you. Hell, it will probably take a lot of time for you to earn my trust back bur you're forgiven. I want to try this again. I want to be with you again. I want to be happy again."

Kai and Miles slowly took in Axel words and they couldn't believe it. He agreed. He forgave them.

Happiness replaced both Kai's and Miles's frowns and Miles tightened his hug. "We don't deserve you. We don't deserve an angel like you. We promise. We won't hurt you once after this. You are with us now and we will try our best to earn your trust back." Axel nodded, warmth engulfing him from front and back. He sighed on Miles's chest as a smile erupted on his face.

This is where he belongs. He felt truly happy for the first time in so long, he hopes this lasts forever. There are problems in every relationship. Everybody has to face ups and downs in their life but it does result in happiness. He took a look on all their faces. They were filled with satisfied smiles.

This was his story about how his tears turned into a smile. He doesn't know what future hold for him but if he gets to be with these two men, he is ready to face anything.

"We need to suffer to experience happiness" And Axel finally believes this.

THE END......

...... IS JUST THE BEGINNING