Chapter 01

Initiating with my character sketch. I am called by the name Y/n an ordinary girl just like every other person but with a few miseries in my life Even after being 23 years old, I am still living with my parents…my dad the one who support me and my step-mom one of the first reasons of my tears. Never did I ever imagine my step-mom would hate me to this extent. She just wants to get rid of me by marrying me off with a wealthy earning man just because of her greed of money. Yes, that is how my life is…pretty much pathetic.

Y/n POV

I just wrapped up all work at home. I washed utensils, tidied up the house, clothes for dry cleaning &, etc. Furthermore, I was exhausted, so I chose to take a nap.

Likewise, I was snoozing until someone called out my name

“Hey! Y/n”, the voice called out for me, but I couldn't care less because of the exhaustion throughout my body.

“Y/n!” the voice called out for the second time and even before I could open my eyes. The person kicked me, which made me fall from the bed. And I was certain that it's my mom.

“Y/n what the hell are you doing?” her voice growled at me as I gulped sitting up on the floor, “I. I was taking a nap”, I stuttered because of her angry gaze at me and looked down at my lap.

“Ohhhh!! Look your daughter is taking nap, she intentionally shouted out loud for my dad to hear and the next moment my dad was also present in the room.

“Eomma. I had done all the work, and I was tired so decided to take a na…” even before I could complete my sentence, she cut me off, “ohhhh… so you did all the household work?” she inquired again while her gaze still glaring at me.

“Yes, I did”, I shortly replied and brought my chin up to face her

“What a liar I did all work , but look I am not tired yet”, she…she lied so easily. I stood up from the floor, being confused after listening to her words.

“Appa I… I did”.

“Shut up!”  I flinched at her screeching shout, bringing my head down I slowly looked up towards appa with teary eyes. He blinked his eyes, signing me 'it's alright'.

“We should fix her marriage. At least she will do some work there”, hearing those words my eyes moistened as tears started to form in my eyes.

“Look at her drama, aww”, before my mother could start again, Dad interrupted her

“Ok now please stop this, y/n come with me”, he walked out of the room as I followed him to his room

“I really did the work. I just took a nap because I was tired. Really, I am not lying, appa.”  I cried as the tears I tried to hold back spilled from the corners of my eyes, my father hugged me rubbing his hands on my back in an attempt to calm me down

“I know dear. Please don't cry my baby”, he assured me in his soft voice as I stuttered while calming down soon later, “I… I don't want to get married now, please" , I said, calming down totally as he kept rubbing my back slowly with his hands.

“Yes, dear, just calm down. Don't worry Ok, now go or else your mom will start again”, Dad assured me again as I nodded wiping my tears away.

“Hmm…ok”, I went out of the room, I will work again… I am not that fragile to be broken so easily.

⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂

Next Day

I woke up by some voices. It was coming from the living room. I went towards the room. As I entered the room I saw my mom was fighting with dad, I went between them to stop them, but my mom slapped me which made me fall on the floor, my hand was on my cheek my tears welled up through my eyes.

“Hey you!, because of you, this fight is going on…”  mom pointed at me angrily as I was still on the floor

“Stop!  How did you dare to slap her”, dad defensed for me.

“Look how your appa is talking to me. This is all because of you”, I stood up wiping my tears with an angry face.

“I did nothing. You are the one, You have problems with me. ALWAYS!”  I screamed in anger as I was so exhausted of her daily shits

“Y/n…”  dad tried to calm me down, but I stopped him while looking at him with my teary eyes, “Dad, please let me”, this time I wanted to stand for myself

“What Is your issue, I do all household work with no complaint cause until now appa stopped me, but at this moment I can't tolerate it. Really… I can't… I can't , sorry ", I said everything with confidence while looking at mom but at the end I broke into tears..... I had gone through too many shits because of her.

“So you can't then, just get out of this house”, she grabbed my arm and pushed me out of the door frame, but dad shouted at her from behind my heart thumped louder inside my chest while seeing the chaos that was happening in my so-called home

“Ji-hye! Stop”, and the next moment my eyes widen, and I was utterly shocked by what just happened, he slapped eomma, she angrily went in her room slamming the door behind her.

“Dear, come in”, as soon mom wasn't in our sight dad looked at me and softly called me inside, I wanted to protest because I was again too tired to live in this house, “Appa…”  but he cut me off and just invited me again inside

“I said come in”, I came in and immediately went in my room

I felt like I had ruined my parent's life. I was sobbing with my hands wrapped around my legs with my head down. And then someone knocked the door. I went towards the door, walking while wiping my tears. I opened the door and saw eomma was standing there. She came in, making me side and I closed the door.

“After this all you don't feel anything”, her tone was rude as usual

“What are you trying to say?"  I questioned back

“You have ruined our lives, don't you feel anything? If I was at your place I would have left so that my parents would live happy”, she tried to taunt me, but I didn't felt scared of her already

“Just get out of my room”, I pushed her and let her out of my room. I took a deep breath and went towards the bed and tried not to cry but again burst into tears…this pain is too much, why does this all has to happen to me.

Moments passed as my cries turned into small sobs, and I was quiet now, thinking about something very deeply

After sometime of thinking about what eomma said to me, I decided to leave the house. I packed the clothes and some money. I went out of the house silently so that nobody knows. Likewise, I can't be here anymore…this place suffocates me.

“Bye appa, I need to go, I want that you should live happy. Sorry. I love you so much”, for the last time I looked towards my house and went away from there.

⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.
Vote and Comment for your support.