New Starts

New Starts

Text copyright © Kiki Celeste ™ 2015

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This story contains material protected by International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint of this material is prohibited. No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, electronic, mechanical, including any photocopying, or recording.

IF YOU SEE ANYONE COPYING MY STORY PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! THANKS!!

P.S.

I wrote a lot of this story on my phone so some things might not be spelled correctly! However the story is being revised!

Enjoy!

:)

Nicolai:

I was still trying to process this news and it had been over four weeks now since she had broke it to me. 'I'm pregnant' were the words that came out of her mouth, those words halted my world.

I was excited within the first few seconds and then it hit me not shortly after. I didn't know why we chose to wait as long as we did to tell people-but that aside, all I could think about was that I was going to be a dad. I didn't know a thing about parenting.

I didn't know a single thing about children and every time I went through the grocery store I would do my absolute best to avoid any baby sections.

Now that was all about to change and her and I weren't even married yet. "Nick. Nick. Hello, Nick!" I snap back into reality and look at my surroundings. Tessa and I were seated in a small booth at a nice restaurant for brunch, I fiddled with my phone in my hands and looked up at her.

She frowned. "You're still thinking about it, aren't you?" I rub the back of my neck. "No." Yes. I see her cross her arms and she cocks her head. "Nick, please...I can see it in your eyes."

There goes that behavioral profiler side of hers again. "I'm fine, Tess." I take a sip of my champagne and rest my head against the cushiony wall of the booth.

"Look...I can tell you're not prepared and if you aren't than...maybe we should discuss other options." My eyes dart to her face and I tense. "What other...options are you talking here?", "Maybe...adoption or-", I lift my hand before she can say anything else.

"No.", "Nick, I don't want to go into this alone...I can't." I rub my neck again and nod. "You aren't. You won't.", "But we sure as hell are keeping that child." I say, my body tense and my voice is low.

"You want to?" I nod. "Of course I want to! That child is mine as well." Her eyes seem to almost light up when I say that. "I'm still shocked at how well your whole family took this news." I say taking another drink.

She nods and cups her hands together, placing them on the table. "Are you scared?" She asks in a whisper. I shake my head. "Not entirely."

"How do you think he will react?", I look down at my hands as I tap them with repetition on my leg. "I'm not sure." I was terrified actually. "Right this way, sir." I hear a woman's voice say, "Great. Thank you." A familiar voice chimes in and out of the corner of my eye, up walks Eli.

Tessa and I stand to greet him, he hugs her and then shakes my hand before we sit. "It's good to see you again, bro." I nod and clear my throat. "Thanks for coming Eli." Tess says, he smiles wide and nods. "I mean c'mon, it's free food...who'd be stupid enough to turn that down?" I roll my eyes.

"So what's the special occasion?", Tessa eyes me and I look at Eli as I run a hand nervously through my hair. Here we go...again. "Eli, we have something that we need to discuss with you."