Chp 9:

Wyatt:

I walk out of the cafe  with new favors in hand and think them over. I choose to proceed and do  Tessa a favor, though I strongly wonder if Nick has any idea about this.

As I get into my car and  shut the door, I get a call from a friend of mine at the precinct  saying that they have information in regards to the stuff that Nick has  asked me to look into.

I drive back and walk inside. "What do you have for me?" I ask as I push through the doors and approach one of my colleagues.

"The cyber unit was able  to get a match from that phone call that Piercy received.", I raise a  brow. "Go ahead.", "They found that the call on the other end was from a  burner phone- and it did lead us something. They were able to find  where that exact phone had been purchased." Says my colleague Matt.

I nod and fold my arms.  "I don't know how those guys do it but man each time they end up  decoding that stuff is a-" I stop Matt and tell him to get to the point.  "Right. Sorry. Here are the coordinates for where the phone was  purchased at.", "Great. Thanks."

I grab the piece of  paper and motion across the room. A olive skinned girl with dark hair  and eyes approaches me. "We have a case?" She asks. You can hear her  faint Colombian accent when she speaks.

"I want you to come with  me. I'm going to see if I can find some people, and I could really use  your expertise." I say as I flash her a wide white toothed grin.

She places her hands on  her hips and rolls her eyes. She nods and we exit the precinct. "I'm  driving." I say to her as we head towards her car. "What? No." Before  she can say anything else I climb in on the drivers side of her black  Mazda 6.

We drive to the location  that I had acquired from Matt. "Who are you looking for again?" She  asks. "I could ask the exact same." I say, although I did fill her in on  the drive there.

Her brow creases as we  get out and walk across the street to an old run down shop. The windows  have bars on them and a light that's flashing slightly says Open.

We enter as a bell on  the top of the door rings and a guy at the counter in the back of the  store looks up at us. "How can I be of assistance to you two?" He asks.

He's got dreads and  tattoos and piercings and is smoking from a vape pen. I look at Camila  and she looks at the shop keeper rather unimpressed. "What can I do for  you pretty lady?" He says flashing her a cocky grin and she approaches  him.

"I need you to help me  with something. Do you think that you could do that?" She asks, her  accent sounds a bit more fluent now. He looks captivated by her as he  nods. "Good. Can you...tell me who purchased a burner phone from you  recently?" He creases his brow.

"I don't know what  you're talking about." He was lying. "Oh? Really? So you're telling me  that you have no idea who came into your shop within the last day or so  and bought a burner phone from you." He shrugs and tries to play it off. 

"Correct. I don't sell  them." She gives him a smile and nods. "Okay...well you see, somebodies  life could depend on you giving me that information." He rolls his eyes.  "Listen sweetheart I don't got any of those phones and I sure as hell  don't sell none." He says taking a drag from the vape pen.

"Now who are you guys  and who's asking?" He asks looking far to cocky. "The law." She says as  she pulls out her badge and pushes back her jacket to show him the gun  that was strapped firmly against her hip.

In a matter of seconds  his face goes from cocky to ghostly pale. "Now...how about you give me a  list of names...sweetheart." She says. I smirk and laugh slightly as  she slightly leans into the counter.