Chapter 12

So my lovelies I'm so sorry for the wait. But like I said I've been having troubles....I really am hoping you like this!

__________________________________________________________

I looked at myself in the mirror. I wasn’t fit for this. I wasn’t ready for this. This competition was tearing me apart; tearing away my soul. Somehow or another I knew I was going to have to pull myself together. But it was hard; so very hard. And with the “help” I got from my friends and James acting like he barely knows me. I did the drastic. I called home. Somehow or another I knew I was going to sooner or later, it was just a matter of time until I needed to talk to Will. He used to be my everything. My reason to wake up in the morning, my reason to stay at the orphanage….and now he was gone. Or I was gone. I was taken, somewhere I didn’t want to be, somewhere I didn’t belong. Why was this happening to me! I’m in a state of mental break down! It had been a month; somehow I was getting by in the competition when five others had now left, leaving only nine here still. Neither Izzy, nor Melanie had gone, no they were still here.  

                Just as I had dialed the phone number and the land line had connected me to the only one in the orphanage there was a small but polite knock at the door. I glanced up quickly to see Jade rush to the door. Ginger gave me a hurried look that signaled to hang up the phone and quickly compose what was left to compose of myself.

“Yes your highness, she’s right here,” I heard as I slowly stood up, trying to place weight on my wobbly feet. James walked in with nothing in hand; actually his hands were behind his back.

“We’ll leave you two,” Jade said as my maids dismissed themselves with secretive smiles. James walked in and gave a little sad smile.

“Good morning m- ahem Miss Angel,” he quickly corrected himself though I didn’t catch his mistake.

“Good morning James, and what do I owe this pleasure to be so early in the morning?” I questioned as politely as I could trying not to push him away, nor be rude.

“I just came to see how you were, you ran off awful fast last night,” he began advancing into my room. He glanced around then didn’t move another step further.

                Oh I left him! So that’s how he’s going to play it. Our relationship had recovered from that one night not too long ago that I had left him. I still hold it in my heart for how jerky he was then! But I try to forgive and forget, because since then he had been awfully sweet; taking me out on two other occasions. Both of which, had ended up with us being late to dinner and kissing the whole way home. How he makes me feel is butterflies….maybe on other circumstances if he asked I’d say yes. But….I don’t know, I don’t feel as though I’m solely his, I was taken away from the one true home I knew, my only safety net. Maybe if I was there and I was home and we were both poor and not here. I just….things have been tough on me…not being able to see the girls, and I know their doing alright since the orphanage is receiving money from my stay here but…..

“I’m fine thank you, but why you couldn’t have checked up on me last night is a complete mystery.” I snorted slightly; like that was his actual purpose of being here now.  

“I-I was preoccupied then, so I decided to come now,” his eyes almost….no it couldn’t be….pleading? He was truly sorry for what happened whether or not he knew he was being a cold jerk then.

“Oh preoccupied, really with what?” I questioned further, not thinking of how impolite I was being…but it was just me.

“Preoccupied with getting you this,” he revealed. His hands coming out from behind his back to reveal a small box gift wrapped in green and blue.

                I cautiously took it. Weary of what might be inside. I carefully pulled off the ribbon, biting down on my lip the entire time. I took off the lid of the box. Inside was a small silver engraved bracelet. I took it out and held it in my palm. On the outside engraved were the words ‘peut-être un jour, vous et je pourrais aller parcourir le monde ensemble’. I felt all emotional as a tear slipped down from my check. This was incredibly sweet and all I’ve been is rude and selfish. On the inside were the words ‘Travelling with you would be my life’s greatest accomplishment’. He loved me….He. Loved. Me. He took the bracelet from my palm and clipped it around my small wrist, then kissed my hand like he did when we first met.

“You know I really don’t know that much French,” I gave a small smile and giggled.

“That’s ok, it means maybe someday you and I will travel the world together.” He looked up at me sweetly, then moved in and kissed me deeply. I melted into the kiss as I always did; feeling those great butterflies…..those butterflies I only got around James. Was I falling in love with him? Did I already love him? Though my mind cared and worried about Will, did my heart truly love James? As these questions floated around in my head we broke apart. I smiled girlishly.

“Angel…..” he said my name, casting me attention. I looked up with interest. “I love you, and I’m willing to call this whole thing off if you love me back.” He said it….HE.SAID. IT! My mind went into panic mode. Did I love him? If I was weary I probably didn’t…but the way he makes me feel. It feels like I’m falling in love all over again….did I just say falling in love? I…I think….maybe….it’s possible….

“I do love you,” I whispered, and then he pulled me in to another deep kiss. Dipping me deep and caressing me with care.

“Will you make me the happiest man alive and do me the honor of becoming my bride?” He asked as he pulled a small ring from his back pocket. It was simply amazing with a white diamond in the middle surrounded by many other smaller ones. I gasped as I looked up at him. My eyes flooded with tears and I gave a small nod. He picked me up and swung me around, then kissed me gently again. I did truly and know knew that I loved James.

***

So sadly I didn't want to say it, but this is the end. Not the end the end, becuase if you guys want I can do a little what happens to the characters after this ending of the story but.....this is the end! I really wasn't planning this, but I'm so sorry I just couldn't continue to write it anymore! It was literally killing all of my creative efforts to write this story. I'm hopefully going to have another story out soon that I actually like and will be an actual full length story....but for now I would love it if you wonderful readers checked out my little short mini series thing called Ship It! Ok so I think that's it, I'm going to save my ranting and go into the goals for this final chappy!

Goals!

200 votes

2000 reads

100 comments You guys have been so amazing and I never thought I would ever be doing this, though I didn't overly enjoy this book, that only means I can go up with my next book from here! And I think we can for sure get these goal!!!! <3 You all and I hope you enjoyed!!!!!!