Chapter 11

I'm so sorry for the late update, but it's been really hard to write this story lately and.....well I'll be honest I've got writers block. So sadly this story will be coming to a end soon. Maybe five (or more, or less not sure) chapters more then it'll be all over....but don't worry while I'm writing my new story to put on here you guys can check out Ship It! I'm actually really excited about this new little mini book. And I really need some major fan girls over there! So I hope you guys go and check it out! Thanks, now I'm sorry if this little chappy is short. So sorry!

 _________________________________________________________

                "Hi," I replied smiling warmly at him in hopes he wake up from this strange daze. "Is everything ok?" I asked slowly looking him directly in the eyes.

"Yeah, everything's.....fine," He took a moment to reply and it was very unsure. "Why wouldn't it be?" he asked uncertainty crossing all of his features and he looked up at me, eyes averted.

"I don't know, you just seem very.....unsure," I replied a slight frown coming to my face.

"Oh, well everything's fine. So, um.....what clues have you found?" he asked trying to divert the conversation but he was only making it worse. He just wasn't himself. 'He wasn't the same guy who kissed me on that horse this afternoon,' I thought immediately. 'He was sure, and wasn't afraid to tell me what's up.'

"I've found the first two clues," I replied. "But I don't quite understand the second one."

"Oh, you could read it and I could help you I guess," he replied nonchalantly. I looked down....this was a mistake....

"You know what don't worry about it," I went to turn away. "This was a mistake," I said under my breath.

                How much could have happened between when I last saw him and now? Obviously a lot.

"Angel wait!" he called. Oh so now he calls me Angel! He grabbed my wrist gently but I quickly tugged out in a huff.

"No! Just forget it!" I exclaimed and stomped off, quite put up with him at the moment. Today had been a good day. He just ruined it.  I left the garden and went straight into the library. I always knew Melanie was a book worm, and maybe, just maybe Izzy would be with her.

                I opened the large glass doors and they squeaked. An older lady (must be the librairian)  immediately shushed me.

"Sorry," I mumbled my apologies as I made my way inside. I looked down the first few isles but no one was there. Once I had almost searched the whole library I was about ready to give up. But suddenly I heard a mumbled conversation. I peeked around the next corner and there, sitting on a small couch was Izzy and Mel talking quietly. I stayed there so I wouldn't interrupt, just listening without a sound. 

"So Eva had a guy, but she still accepted to come here?" she heard Izzy ask.

"Yes," replied Melanie. "Well....not exactly. She liked him but I don't think he even knew she existed. Not until that surprise kiss she gave him...she was more or less leading him on, because she already knew she had to leave when she did that." Melanie continued. WHAT?! I DON'T THINK SO! He certainly knew I existed, I was not leading him on, and we kissed. WE, not me, it was mutual and certainly not out of nowhere! If I had known he felt the same way I wouldn't have left, but maybe I wanted a better life. Not a life destined to stay in an orphanage forever....

                "Really? That doesn't sound like her at all," Izzy gapped.

"Well that's what happened," Melanie replied, and I could hear her relax in her chair. That's when I walked around the corner. 

"Having a nice conversation are we ladies?" I asked.

"U-uh, of course," Melanie said desperately trying cover up their conversation.

"Nice conversation but all of the information is wrong. Seems as though I'm not the only one who needs a bit of, oh what was it? Shining light in the darkness?" I asked will all the sass I could, try not to let my sadness show through. I thought they were friends; how could they do this to me?!   

"I-I we're sorry Angel, I guess we just got caught up in everything....do you mind setting us straight on what really happened?" Izzy was the first to reply.

"Yeah, I-I didn't know and I guess I was a bit upset that you were getting closer to Princes James, that's all," continued Melanie. I walked over and the two of them stood up. I hugged them, and instantly felt better. Like the stress was just rolling off of me.

"Yes of course but not here. Let's go to one of your rooms. We'll talk there," I smiled as did they.

"We can go to my room," Melanie piped up.

                So that's what we did. Mel showed the two of us to her room. It was the exact same as mine just a different colour scale. Her room was all purple and just like Melanie there were accents of her all over. We all sat down on her bed and her maids excused themselves from our presence.

"So explain," Mel said once we were all settled in. I did, I explained everything....everything before the competition that is.

"So what's up now? I mean you seem a bit, down?" asked Izzy.

"It's just...." I trailed off not really sure if I should tell them what happened today or not.

"It's ok, we're here for you." Melanie said. People who are here for me wouldn't talk behind my back.....you two are just lucky I trust you enough.

"Well so on our date this afternoon, James kissed me-"

"He KISSED YOU?!" They both yelled in unison....maybe I shouldn't have told them.

"That's AMAZING!" they screamed together again and then brought me in for a huge hug....ok so I was wrong.

"Yeah I think...just when I was talking to him now, he seemed unsure, like it was a mistake. And he didn't call me Angel first. He always calls me Angel." I spilt.

                "Ok well I think you two just need some time and space to cool off a bit. I say give it a week and you'll be macking all over again!" exclaimed Izzy, absolutely giddy with excitement.

"I agree, give the guy some space, I mean we're all human. Maybe he did think it was a mistake and needs some time to think on it," stated Mel. Ouch, his mistake was kissing me? I don't think so....someone's a little bit jealous, then on the other hand Izzy must not like him because she super excited for me. I was so confused and just needed some time....giving it a few weeks here I go. I guess I'll just try and focus on the clues? See if I can figure it out. Because as of right now, no one is being helpful at all. Somehow I feel like I'm just digging myself a whole and I don't know how I'm going to get out of it.

****

Hey so I hoped you liked this short chapter. Once again I'm sorry and writers block is killing me....AHHHHH! I'm sooooo sorry but I'm really hoping an update makes up for it. Once again onto the goals and please getting this book up on the charts does help with my updating cause it does give me a confidence boost so yeah......

125 votes

70 comment

1500 reads in total for all

Just casue you guys are so amazing and loyal.....and I UPDATED! Lol hope you guys liked!