39 Game of Fate

Part 39 Game of fate

The next morning

Arnav woke up and sat on the recliner. He saw Khushi still sleeping. His lips curved into a beautiful smile, remembering the Birthday celebration. She was a cute girl and her actions were also cute. He didn't even remember his birthday... how did she know?

She spoke about the birthday celebration the other day but he thought something... he nodded his head left to right smilingly.

Arnav has almost forgotten what she mentioned. She said AS A FRIEND, SHALL I SPOIL YOUR SLEEP? How could he keep it in his mind when he didn't consider her his friend?

Taking bath, he came downstairs and saw everyone in the dining. They were discussing something very seriously, keeping the remaining Black Forest cake on the dining table that Arnav did cut at 12'o clock. He rolled his eyes and came to the dining.

*Hariprakash...* he called him.

*Jee, Arnav baba...*

*Get me coffee...*

*Chotte... do you know anything about this cake?* Ratna asked him.

*We found it in the fridge...* Manorama said.

Arnav knew they are intentionally asking because there was HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY written on the cake.

*I think a wife who is madly in love with her husband brought it...* NK said seriously.

Arnav looked at him contently.

*That means, Khushi would have brought it...* Manorama said.

HP came with a cup of coffee and he handed it to Arnav. Arnav drank it not getting into their conversation.

*You are right... today is Chotte's birthday.* Ratna said teasingly.

*Oh, I see... but you didn't say anything to us...why Jeeji?*

*Chotte doesn't like Birthday celebrations... that's why I didn't say anything to you because I don't want to annoy him* Ratna said with a sense of fake sadness.

*You guessed him wrong. See, Khushi celebrated his birthday. It seems Arnav bituwa did cut the cake too...* Manorama said.

Ratna looked at Arnav expecting him to answer. Arnav looked at her while sipping the coffee.

*I couldn't understand anything when she woke me up at 12'o clock... before I got out of sleep, she made me cut the cake...* he said taking another sip.

*Ohhhhh...* Ratna said raising her eyebrows.

*The story you told us is unbelievable* NK said.

Arnav looked at him like DON'T BELIEVE.

*We are going to Manoharji's friend's house today... there is a housewarming function...* Manorama said.

Arnav nodded ok.

*Will you be back tomorrow evening?* Ratna asked.

*I think so...*

*Ok...let me know if you come. I will prepare dinner for you...* Ratna said.

*Ok, Jeejeji. Where is Khushi? I want to take leave from her before going...* Manorama said.

*She is sleeping...* Arnav said.

*Oh... she would have slept late... right Nannav?*

Keeping a cup on the dining table, Arnav stood.

*We are leaving Arnav bituwa... Convey it to Khushi* Manorama said.