The power of Orazio.

Delia finished introducing Orazio to the rest of the "family".
It was the first time Orazio had seen so many men together. There was an almost exact ratio of men to women. But this was the ugliest and most pitiful group of human specimens Orazio had ever seen.

Almost all of them were missing teeth. Their hair was dirty and matted. They reeked of body odor and various types of alcohol. Some were missing limbs and almost all had some type of skin disease and showed pustules and cases of extreme psoriasis.

To Orazio they looked like members of another species.

The only exception was Delia, who also looked like the boss even though she was one of the youngest in the family.

As the group began to break up Delia approached Orazio and she grabbed his hand.

- I've been waiting all day for you and I to be alone, you're so beautiful! - She took Orazio's hand and ran it over her body.

The rest of the family had already left the room, but Orazio noticed that the one called Clyde had lingered a bit and was looking at him with a sour look.

- We'll talk later, okay? Now come, let's go to my room.

Orazio followed Delia under Clyde's hateful gaze.

The house was huge, but dirty, ramshackle and smelly. The decoration was cheap and tacky. You could tell it had once been a mansion but its good times were long behind it.
The rooms were completely empty and there were several hallways along the way.

- Hey Delia - said Orazio shyly - Clyde and you.... Are you two a couple or something?

- Oh! Something like that! Come on, I'll show you my room!
She opened a door and said: - If you want you can wait here. We have to go hunting. You know, you have to make a living.

Delia's room looked a little better than the rest of the house. It had a large bed, a closet, a chest of drawers.... But all the furniture looked like it had been taken out of the trash and recycled.

- I like your room, it's nice and clean - Orazio said trying to be nice.

- Oh, thanks! Um, now you can stay here! You want to sleep on the bed, right?
- Okay...Could I ask you something?
- Hmm?
- Do you love Clyde?

Delia hesitated before answering.
- Yes, but that doesn't mean I don't have eyes to see other things, like you! - she said before leaving.
Delia closed the door and Orazio heard the lock turn.
Orazio looked at the bed and then at the dirty floor.

He was disgusted to touch anything in that place. Surely those people had thousands of infectious diseases for which he had no defenses.

Orazio waited a few seconds and then pressed his ear to the door. Nothing. He tried to open it, but Delia had left it locked.

After sighing, Orazio looked out the window. It was only one story high, but his left foot was still injured and he feared making the injury worse if he tried to jump out the window.

He took off his shoe and rolled up his pants. The foot looked bad. What to do? Stay in that place for a while? Or leave at the first opportunity?

Suddenly the sound of engines running brought Orazio out of his thoughts. He looked out of the window and saw the family members leaving in various pickup trucks and quads.

They were all armed as if they were going hunting.

- I have to get out of here - said Orazio as he watched those men and women leave.

He waited a few minutes and then opened the window. He grabbed the window sill and then propelled himself with his healthy foot to separate himself a little from the front of the house to let go and fall to the ground.