END 1: Midoriya Izuku

"My decision . . . Guys, I'm . . ."

Taking a deep breath, you tried to steel your nerves. "I want to stay here. I — there's somebody I can't bear to leave behind. I'm sorry."

Your admission had come as a shock to everybody — everybody except for Gon, who gave you a wide grin.

"It's Izuku, isn't it?"

"EH?!"

Okay, there was no way that nobody except for Gon noticed your budding crush on the freckled teen, and yet here you all were. Blinking rapidly, you tried to comprehend the situation, and Gon spoke up before you could ask him how.

"You two always get nervous around each other, and you seemed closer to him than you are to the others... I thought everybody knew," he added in defense, looking at the other three.

Killua shook his head. "I had better things to focus on than two dumbasses crushing on each other," he grumbled. His eyes met yours, and for once you weren't met with a sneer or another biting remark. Instead, his gaze was respectful as he nodded towards you. "I guess we won't see each other for a while. Good riddance, traveling with an old hag is annoying."

Aaaand you took that back. Feeling a vein in your forehead throb, you gritted your teeth and forced a smile. "This old hag is going to beat the shit out of you in a moment."

The white-haired teen waved you off. "Whatever. I'll see you later, I guess." He walked towards the portal, glancing back once more. ". . . Good luck, [Y/n]."

With that, he stepped through, disappearing in a misty black. Next up was Kurapika, clearly hesitating until you pulled him into a swift hug.

It was brief and he pulled away after a couple of moments, expression turning serious. "You'll have to come visit," he told you, almost like a worried mother. "And if that Izuku bothers you, tell us and we'll deal with it."

"Ahaha.... Yeaahhh...."

"I guess I'll go next, then. With Chrollo back in our world and with his nen back... I definitely have my work cut out for me." The blond took a deep breath, before giving you one last smile, fondness in his voice. "Until we meet again, [Y/n]."

A few more steps, and he, too, was gone.

Leorio averted his gaze, realizing he was going to have to go next. "If you need me, you know how to find me." His voice was terse, most likely from realizing that your answer hadn't been him. "I'll go ahead so you can have a proper goodbye with Gon." He reached his hand out to ruffle your hair before abruptly leaving.

Now only Gon was remaining, your younger brother, and you exhaled shakily. "You'll — you'll be alright without me, right? You're okay with me staying here?"

Gon's grin had died down into an exasperated look at your prodding. "I can take care of myself now, [Y/n]-nee-chan." His voice was firm, topaz eyes resolute. "I know we'll see each other again, so just take care of yourself, okay?"

"As long as you don't get in trouble."

At your wisecrack, the two of you hugged, with you nearly squeezing the life out of him. When you finally pulled back, you gave him a peck on the forehead before holding your pinky out.

"Pinky promise that neither of us will die until we next meet?"

Gon's laugh was contagious as you giggled alongside him, the two of you linking pinky fingers and reciting the childhood rhyme that Aunt Mito had taught you both.

"—And seal it with a kiss!"

Both of you had said it at the exact same time as your thumbs pressed together, and you gave him one last hug before nudging him towards the portal.