[alternate realities]

Sometimes, life didn't go as planned, and you were perfectly okay with that. After all, you supposed, the twists and turns of life was what made everything so fun and interesting! That is, until now, where you somehow were deposited into the sky, falling at breakneck speed towards your quickly-approaching doom. You could use your nen, but you weren't entirely sure that could protect you from the impact of the ground, not to mention your aura was almost completely depleted.

To put it bluntly? You were fucked, and you knew it.

How did you get here, though? How did you fuck up so bad in the past 24-hours that you wound up a thousand feet in the air, plummeting to your death?

You were tumbling through the sky as the ground grew closer and closer. On instinct, you activated your ren. You hoped that if you had your aura encompass your entire body, it would prevent you from impact, but you weren't too certain. It was pathetic - you had passed the Hunter Exam, survived an encounter with the most notorious group of S-rank criminals, and had defeated various magical beasts, only to wind up falling to your death of all things. What kind of hunter were you, to die at the young age of 16, soon to be 17?!

Squeezing your eyes shut, you tensed for impact, knowing full well you probably weren't going to make it. Well, I hope Killua passed the exam this time.

And that was the last thought that went through your mind before everything went black . . .

—·—·—
Shingeki no Kyoujin
—·—·—

You weren't sure how long you had been unconscious when you came to, but you were buried underneath rubble. Was this from a building you crashed through, or something else? You weren't sure, but you weren't really injured save for a couple bruises and scrapes.

Shoving blocks of cement off you with ease, the dust filled the air for a moment, causing you to cough. The more you became aware of your surroundings, the more and more questions you had.

For starters, this was not Greed Island. Well, okay, it might be, but you sincerely doubted it. Instead of grassy plains or arid canyons, you seemed to be in the middle of some sort of war-torn city. Buildings around you seemed smashed to bits, and even now you could hear loud booms and shouts and screams. Yeah, no, definitely not Greed Island.

Then, where? The building structures were a bit like York New City, but the city wasn't in a warring area. Honestly, geography wasn't your best, so you couldn't really fathom a guess.

It's okay, I'll just call Leorio or somebody else outside of the game. OOH, Killua's taking the exam right now, I can harass him!

Your hopes were dashed when you pulled out your cellphone, only to see it smashed beyond repair. Well, there went that idea. You'd just have to find a payphone or somebody to mooch off. Piece of cake, really.

Cracking your neck and stretching your limbs, you debated a moment before pocketing the useless device. Even if this place was trashed already, it was probably best to not litter.

BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.

Your eyebrows furrowed at the suspiciously-rhythmed noises, growing closer and louder. It was almost as if somebody were stomping — well, if there was somebody the size of a building, which just wasn't possible.

Actually, now that you paid attention, if those were explosions, where were the bright lights and fire?

As if on cue, something blocked the sun immediately, and your eyes slowly trailed up at the perpetrator, a blank smile on your face. Standing in front of you was a giant, naked person.