[7] Bird Brain

"Has the simulation already started?!"

Glancing over at Eijirou, you couldn't help the frown that was on your face. This feeling was definitely not a good one, leaving you with only one solid guess - these guys were villains.

Aizawa had shouted at Thirteen to gather you all and don't move, and you finally got past the initial shock, stepping forward. This was your chance to shine! Unlike your peers, you had the combat experience. If you could face off with the Phantom Troupe and survive (not that you actually fought them, but...) then you could handle anything! Besides, you weren't going to let your guardian fight on his own. Running away would be cowardly, damned be the consequences!

Taking another step forward, you realized you weren't the only one. Izuku and Eijirou went to move as well, but Aizawa had quickly shot you guys down. "Don't move! Those are villains."

While everybody had frozen up at his exclamation, you ignored him, taking another step behind him. You wouldn't just charge into the situation - as much as you'd like to, there were too many others here, and you had a feeling your two teachers wouldn't appreciate that kind of reckless behavior from you. Still, your mind was made up. You couldn't just let yourself be ushered to safety. Besides, you wanted a good fight, right? While this wasn't exactly what you had in mind, you were still feeling pumped. Nen far outranked quirks, and you were excited to show off your skills and have a good challenge.

It's fine if I go just a little overboard since they're villains, right...?

There were a lot of them, sure, but you had an overabundance of confidence that you could take them on.

It was tense, and your eyes focused on one person in particular, who felt vaguely familiar. He had on a black hoodie, with disembodied hands all over him, and you squinted, trying to recall where you had seen him from.

"Thirteen and Eraserhead, huh? The teacher's schedule we obtained the other day said that All Might was supposed to be here."

You thought the voice was coming from the misty portal thing, which had a vaguely shaped head, but couldn't be entirely positive. However, his words struck a chord in both you and Aizawa as your teacher gritted his teeth.

"Yesterday's trespassing was the work of these scumbags after all, huh?"

Oh shit, that was the guy you had passed in the hallway when you had sensed the nen! You had thought it was weird how cool and calm his movements had been, but had been so wrapped up in the other nen user that you hadn't stopped to question it at all. Hell, you had nearly bumped into him. Could you have prevented this if you had stayed in Nezu's office like you were ordered?! Gritting your teeth, you glowered. You had been played. It was also possible that you were being led away on purpose to give the villain enough time to get what he needed.

Gah, you were such a fool! To believe there was another nen user in this world was preposterous, and yet... You couldn't deny the immense disappointment you felt. You had really hoped somebody else had found a way here and that you were going to have a way out of this place.

But then... how would they have known to use nen to lead me away from Nezu's office? Am I overthinking? Agh, this makes no sense!

You were starting to confuse yourself, and you quickly slapped your own cheeks to put some sense back into yourself. Fight now, worry later! You can discuss this with Aizawa and Nezu after these bozos are taken care of!

The next voice to speak was different, and though you couldn't see his face, you knew it was coming from the hand guy. There's gotta be a joke in here somewhere about those hands... Oh, a hand j-