END 10: Yaoyorozu Momo

"My decision . . . Guys, I'm going to stay a bit longer."

Nobody looked surprised at your admission, but that didn't stop them from reluctantly accepting or protesting your decision.

"[Y/n]... Are you sure? This world is nothing like ours," Kurapika reasoned, eyebrows knitted together in worry. "You can't get away doing a lot of the stuff you did back in our world."

Leorio nodded along, agreeing with Kurapika. "You're also sorta a celebrity, now. Are you sure you want that attention?"

You gave the two an even look; you appreciated their concern, truly, but it was unneeded. "I'll be fine. I'm almost an adult, now!"

Gon, on the other hand, was fully supportive of your decision, immediately giving you a big hug. "We'll just see you later, then!" His optimism was as infectious as always, and you couldn't help but smile and hug him back. At the very least, you knew that Gon would always have your back, even if the others weren't too sure about letting you stay.

"Thank god," Killua grumbled with a roll of his eyes. "I was getting tired of you tagging along, hag."

"And I was getting tired of third wheeling to you and my brother, brat."

"OI, WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

As you and Killua started to butt heads again, you missed your friends approaching until it was too late, being engulfed into a tight group hug that immediately helped your anger dissipate. Killua protested loudly, Gon clinging onto him.

"I'm going to miss you all." Your voice was softer, sentimentality leaking out of it before the group hug dispersed.

"We'll see each other again," Leorio promised, giving you a thumbs up. "And while I'm bummed you're not coming back," there was an unspoken 'with me' in that sentence, "I know this won't be the last time we see each other."

"Leorio's right," Kurapika tacked on. "We may not know when, or where, but we will all meet up one day."

"Yeah!" Gon cheered.

Looking fondly over your friends one last time, you childishly held your pinky out, giving them all a bright grin. "It's a promise, then!"

Gon was first to join in, followed by Leorio who gave you a goofy grin. Next was Kurapika, who looked more exasperated at your usual antics than anything, and lastly was Killua, who begrudgingly joined after Gon stared at him for a couple of seconds.

You hadn't realized it until now, but Killua was whipped for Gon. It was actually pretty funny.

"To us," you cheekily proclaimed, "and the day we all meet again!"

Once everybody had pulled away, you made sure to give them all tight hugs, making sure you didn't tear up in the process.

"Don't get into too much trouble, ya hear?" You scolded Killua and Gon especially.

Killua scoffed. "Now that you're not going to be with us, I think we'll do just fine."

"WHY YOU—!"

Cutting you off, Killua stuck his tongue out at you before jumping through the portal. Gon gave you one last thumbs up and a cheery grin before following suit, leaving Leorio and Kurapika. The two older teens looked a bit more awkward, and you gave them one last hug.

"I'll see you guys soon, okay?"

Kurapika nodded tersely, before patting your head and stepping through the portal, leaving only you and Leorio. The atmosphere seemed to get a bit more tense, and you thought back to your conversation with Leorio when he had confessed to you. It had seemed like lifetimes ago, even though it was rather recent.