11- Fighting Away Feelings

A/n: I'm on a roll with updates right now! I've had so many ideas for this. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Your POV

You calmed your nerves as you got into a proper fighting stance. Leo did the same on the other side, his blue eyes never leaving yours. Raph and Mikey stood by the wall, Donnie offered to referee. He signalled for you to begin the match and both you and Leo took your time observing one another. Leo was different from Raph, not charging in blind, but actually watching his opponent. Raph had a brute, strong fighting style, but Leo on the other hand had a calm, elegant and quick style. But you waited for him to charge first anyway.

He did. Once you came close enough to one another, Leo struck quickly towards your one leg, watching you as you sidestepped it. He did a few strikes and pushed you back as you were playing the defensive card so far. When you saw an open opportunity, you started fighting more offensive. You and Leo traded blows for a while until Leo tried getting you into an upright hold, which ended with him getting punched in an open spot on his side. You took Raphaels advice for your punches and hit him hard.

He grunted with the force and stumbled back. Then he looked directly at you. "Now it's on."  You thought. Leo's hits started getting faster but you still kept up with him perfectly. Like cooking with Mikey, sparring with Leo was like an intricate dance. By halfway through the match, both you and Leo were panting, sweat dripping down your foreheads. At one point, he was able to get his arm wrapped around your throat, and got a bit cocky.

"So. Do you give?" He said. He was cutting off your air just enough so it was uncomfortable. You thought of ways to get out of this. Then you thought of a move one of your teachers taught you. It was hard, an advanced move that took years to master. But why not try it? You would either do it right or lose the match anyway. Using all of your remaining strength, you lifted your legs up and over his head quickly, so you slid under his hold and over his head. Doing the same thing to Leo as you did Raph, you grabbed his head and pulled him backwards, flipping off and landing while he landed on his shell. You straddled him, placing a knee on his throat and holding down his wrists. His blue eyes went wide with confusion and surprise and he was gasping for breath. He must've winded himself falling. You smirked at the leaders helpless state.

"So. Do you give?" Donnie came over and declared you the winner while Raph and Mikey cheered. You flipped off Leo and onto the floor, laying next to him to catch your breath. You could still hear him struggling to catch his and you giggled. You could hear Raph's booming laugh rattle the room. Mikey ran over to you and lifted out of your lying position and into a hug.

"That was epic!! Can you teach me some of those moves?" He asked, pulling out the puppy dog eyes. You laughed and patted his shell.

"Possibly," you replied. Donnie came over and gave you a high five.

"That was pretty good Y/n. Where did you learn those skills?" He questioned. You shrugged.

"Just something I picked up as a hobby." Donnie raised an eye-ridge.

"Well for a hobby that was pretty fantastic." You laughed.

"Thank you." Raph came over and punched you lightly on the shoulder.

"Ey. Nice going tiny," he said. You smiled.

"Thanks to your advice about the punches. I really appreciated that." He shrugged.

"Ah. It was nothin. Anything to help but fearless on his shell" he grunted. Then he smirked and looked behind you. "Ah-... maybe you should go see if he's alive or not," he said, nodding to Leo who was still lying on the ground. You rolled your eyes and Raph laughed. Then you went to where Leo was lying. He sat up when he heard you coming, and gave a small smile.

"Well-..." he began. "I definitely did not expect you to know how to fight." You sat in front of him and did a few cool down stretches.

"My parents wanted me to know how to defend myself in case something ever happened. I kind of fell in love with martial arts after that." He nodded.

"Well I have to admit that was impressive. The only one who can ever beat me is Raph." He looked at the corner where the other three were talking, then back at you. "So what else did you learn to do?" You smirked.

"I am so glad you asked," you said. As you went over to Leo's katanas, you were glad that nothing was too awkward between you and him. The tension seemed to be gone after he lost the match. As you got to his katanas you picked them up and admired how shiny the blade was. You knew he was obsessed with keeping them clean and sharp but it was still awesome to see. You tested their weight by doing a few moves to the air. They weren't too heavy, not too light.

"Umm-... Y/n. Are you sure you know what you're doing with those?" Asked Leo hesitantly. You rolled your eyes.

"Well let's see," you answered then went back to the mat, catching the attention of the other three. Leo backed up to the wall and you started into some basic moves. Jabs, cross strikes, blocks. Nothing fancy. Then you started to add in flips and kicks, doing more intricate moves before finishing it off by throwing one of the katanas so it landed an inch from Leo's head. You saw his eyes get wide.

"Does that answer your question?" He just nodded, dumbfounded. You looked at the others and smiled. "So do you want to learn some moves or what?" Mikey bounded over to you eagerly and Donnie followed not far behind. Although the boys were skilled, you could still teach them a few things. "Okay who wants to go first?"

"ME!" Yelled Mikey. You laughed and pointed to the mat.

"Let's see what you got dude." He pulled out his nunchucks and started into some moves. You had to admit, Mikey definitely had the best speed out of all of them. He was almost a blur. When he finished, you clapped and went to a wood cabinet in the far corner, decorated with carved cherry blossoms. You opened it to reveal your weapons. A few bo staffs, some sais, a pair of nunchucks and a pair of twin katanas. Along with that there was some other training equipment, but you didn't need that today.

"I was wondering what ya kept in that," said Raph. You smiled as you grabbed the nunchucks and spun them around a bit. It had been a while, but you still knew how to use them. As you got to the mat, you gave smile.

"Alright. Who's up for some training?"
___________________________

Do you want me to do a chapter showing you training with each turtle or something else? Let me know in the comments!

XX Shadow