21- Surprise?

Your POV

You woke up to someone lightly shaking your shoulder. You blinked to see a smiling Leo looking down at you.

"Hey, wake up," he said softly. "We need to talk to you," he said. You sighed and got up, feeling the tear stains on your cheeks.

"Okay. Just give me a second to clean myself up," you said quietly, not meeting his gaze. He followed you out to the living room while you went to the bathroom. You wiped off your face and splashed some cool water on. Your eyes were still a bit puffy and red, but at least you didn't look as bad as you did. You took a deep breath and opened the door, walking over to where the boys were waiting.

"Hey girl!" Said Mikey happily, coming over to give you a hug. You laughed and  hugged him back tightly. Raph ruffled your hair and Donnie just smiled. The all four of them came to stand in a line in front of you. You fidgeted nervously.

"So this is it huh?" You asked. They all looked at you. "I-... I just wanted to say thank you guys. For making my life better, even if it was only for a week. I couldn't have asked for better people to land in my backyard." You said. They all had soft expressions on.

"Y/n-..."

"Let me finish," you cut Leo off and held up a hand. "You guys are the best. I hope you know that. I also hope you know that this week has been the best week of my life. I haven't been this happy or has so much fun since before my parents died."

"No wait, Y/n-..."

"Shut up Leonardo. I'm trying to talk." You looked at him, only to find an amused expression on his face. You ignored it. "Donnie, I really appreciate how smart you are, and how genuinely kind you are. Raph I love how you're willing to do anything to protect your family, and although you can be an ass, you still love them. And Mikey. I love how you always know how to keep the mood light and never give up, even when the situation seems hopeless," then you looked at Leo. You had tried so hard not to cry but a few tears had slipped down your cheeks.

"You need to stop working so hard to be perfect. But I love the way you lead. And how calm you are. No matter what, you always find a way to help the ones around you." When you finished, you looked at them, just to find they all had slightly amused expressions, mixed with proud and happy.

"Can we talk now?" Asked Leo. You nodded. "Well as much as we appreciate the kind words, we were all talking and have agreed upon something," you blinked.

"Umm-... what?"

"We were wondering-... ifyouwouldcomebackhomewithus,"he said, too quickly for you to understand. You just stared at him, confused. Raph slapped him on the back of the head and facepalmed.

"What was that? What the shell was that, shell for brains? Even Mikey couldn't understand you," he said grumpily, pointing to a confused Mikey and making Leo blush.

"What Leo is trying to ask," said Donnie stepping forward. "Is if you would like to come back with us to our world. You know, be part of our family," You just stared at him, shocked. "Surprise?" He said, giving small and shy jazz hands.

"W-...what?" You asked, shook. They smiled at you.

"We talked about it and decided that you belong with us. You're smart so you could be a huge help with me in the lab. Unlike these three," said Donnie, pointing at his brothers. You giggled, still shaken.

"You're the only one who knows more than us about martial arts, and ya can actually give me a challenge, tiny," said Raph, a hint of a smile on his lips. "Master Splinter would be happy to train you. But I'm pretty sure you could teach him a few things too."

"Yeah dudette! We can totally play video games and cook together!" Squealed Mikey. You laughed and felt happy tears run down your face. Leo looked at you shyly.

"And I would just really like it if you would come back with us." He said quietly. You looked at all of them and smiled.

"Yes. Yes I will totally come back with you." Then you thought about them being sick. "Won't you guys get sick again so your vibrations will match your own Earths?" Donnie shook his head.

"I did some research while you were sleeping. It seems the only reason we were affected is because of the mutagen in our blood. Humans normally don't get sick. Or they shouldn't at least... they should adjust relatively fast." He answered. You nodded.

Then you cracked a huge smile and ran at the boys, pulling them all into a group hug. They laughed and hugged you back, four muscular pairs of arms wrapped around you.

"Thank you," you whispered.

"Any time, tiny. You're family now,"

"You bet girl!"

"We should be thanking you,"

They all answered back. Except Leo. When you pulled back he just looked at you, a genuine smile lighting up his blue eyes.

"Well, I think you should go pack," suggested Donnie. You nodded.

"You guys okay with staying here for another few days or so? I have a few things to take care of before I leave." They all nodded.

"Take all the time you need." Said Leo smiling. You blushed and then ran to your room for your phone. You had a lot to do this week.

And then after that, you got a new chance. To start over and be part of a real family again...
___________________________

So I have a question-... What do you guys think of me continuing this into a second book about your life with the boys?

Leave comments on way you think!!

Next chapter should be out later today!!

XX Shadow