13- Becoming Human

Leo's POV

My jaw dropped when I saw the boy standing behind Y/n. She pushed him to the front and we all took turns looking at the now very human Donnie.

"Donnie-..." I breathed, examining him. "How did you do this?" He glanced over at Y/n, who gave him an encouraging look.

"Well-... umm-... it wasn't just me. Y/n helped a lot with making it." He smiled at her and she blushed and looked down. "But this is how we did it," he pointed to a watch on his wrist. I grabbed his arm and looked closer at it. Although I didn't really understand the sciencey stuff behind it, I wanted to see it up close. I looked at both of them.

"You were able to turn us human? For how long? Is it permanent?" Donnie looked at a screen on his watch.

"By my calculations, one charge should be able to keep us human for about 10 hours. Although it isn't permanent, it will help us fit in here and back home," he said. At the mention of our home,
Y/n got a sad look in her eyes and looked at the floor. I watched her carefully as Donnie talked to Raph. Her face had gone down, and she wouldn't look back up at us.

"She doesn't want us to leave," it hit me like a ton of bricks. Four turtles that are her childhood idols, show up from a portal out of nowhere in a lonely teenage girls backyard. Of course she didn't want us to leave. She had been alone for how long now.

"Leo!" A shout snapped me out of my thoughts and I noticed I was staring at her. I felt a blush creep up my cheeks and looked at Donnie, who had just yelled my name. He smirked at me when he saw me staring. Then he frowned and turned to look at Y/n. "Where are we going to get the parts for the next watches?" She furrowed her brows in thought.

"I think the scrapyard is a good place to start. Then I can get the rest at an electronics store," she said. Donnie nodded and blinked.

"Alright. Who wants to come to the junkyard?" He asked. We looked at him.

"Umm Donnie? We're still huge turtles," I said.

"Oh. Right-... let's go Y/n," he said grabbing her hand. I felt a growl ride in the back of my throat as he dragged her back up the stairs. She shot us an apologetic smile before she disappeared behind the human Donnie.

"Okay Leo. You can stop staring at the door now." Raph teased. I frowned at him and Mikey laughed.

"Don't tell me your jealous of Donnie spending time with her bro," laughed Mikey.

"Hey! I'm not-... I'm not jealous," I retorted. Raph smirked and rolled his eyes.

"Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that fearless," he said going back to the punching bag. I huffed out a sigh and sat back down cross legged, trying to resume my meditation. But just like that night, I couldn't get her out of my thoughts.

Time skip- 5 hours cause I'm lazy

Your POV

You and Donnie returned from the store and scrapyard after five hours with all the equipment you would need to make three more of the watches. You were just about to finish them up. Now that you knew how to make them, it was way easier.

Shopping with Donnie was fun. Since he had never really been out in the daylight, or in a store for that matter, watching him walk around the streets was fun. It was like watching a kid in a candy store. His eyes were darting around, trying to look at everything in the daylight. You were so happy to see him happy, but also couldn't wait to finish the other watches so the others could all go out without being afraid.

You and Donnie out the finishing components in the other watches and took them, along with the other bags of clothes, to the basement. Mikey bounced up, baby blue eyes gleaming when he saw you had the other watches.

"You finished them?!" He squealed and you laughed, nodding. Raph, Leo and Mikey each took a watch and put them on. You handed them their respective bags of clothes and smiled.

"I'll give you some privacy and when you are done changing, come upstairs so I can see you," you said, heading upstairs. Donnie was still in his human form and decided to stay with them while they turned human. You closed the bookcase entrance and went to sit on the couch. You sat as patient as you could, but it was impossible. You vibrated with energy and excitement.

After a while, you heard the bookcase open, but you didn't turn around just yet. Human Donnie came in front of you with a huge smile on his face.

"They worked." He said. You high fived him as you stood up, still not turning to face the others. "Are you ready?" Donnie asked. You nodded and took a deep breath.

As you turned around, you were met with three human faces looking back at you. On the left was a guy with dirty blond hair and golden yellow- emerald eyes, who was more muscled than the others, wearing a red shirt and grey sweats. You could tell right away that was Raph. On the right was a ginger haired guy with tiny freckles and a huge smile, who was still built well but a bit shorter than his brothers. He wore the orange shirt and black basketball shorts you got him, so that was Mikey. The one in the middle though, he caught your eye. With dark brown, almost black hair, he was tall and muscular, but not too buff. He wore the dark blue shirt and black sweats.

But again with those damn eyes. They were the same piercing sapphire, and they were staring at expectantly, but had a hint of nervousness and hesitation in them. You shook yourself out of your trance and walked over to them, circling around behind them and examining every part of them. They were all taller than you, all muscled in just the right ways, and all very unique to their personalities. You had to admit, although you had a crush on Leo, all four of them looked DAMN good. When you got back around, Raph had his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised, Mikey was bouncing a little and vibrating, and Leo was fidgeting with his human hands nervously.

"You. Guys. Look. AMAZING!!" You yelled and they started laughing. Mikey finally couldn't take it anymore and scooped you up in a hug. You giggled as he spun you around and put you down again. Raph smiled and patted your shoulder, a thank you in his eyes. Leo came forward hesitantly and you smiled at him. You grabbed him in a hug and felt him tense under you, before loosening up and hugging you back, smiling into your shoulder. You stepped back, still holding his arms and Donnie came to stand next to his brothers. You looked at the four of them and smiled.

"Y/n-... we don't know how to thank you," started Leo. "You've done so much for us and now you've made one of our biggest dreams come true," you felt tears well in your eyes.

"Yeah dudette! This is awesome!!"

"Without you, I don't think I would've ever figured out the cloaking mechanism on the watches," pointed out Donnie and you breathed out a laugh, wiping your eyes.

"Well boys," you said. "Welcome to being human."
___________________________

Again, if you want to change their appearances go ahead. It is a story about you remember! So do whatever you want with their looks.

You're going to have to take them shopping next time so look out clothing department, here they come 😉

Hope y'all liked this chapter!!!

XX Shadow