22- Leaving

Your POV

It had been a week since you agreed to go home with the boys. You had packed bags and put your house on the market, and it sold within two days! So now you just had to finish packing up some stuff. You had also quit your job and made up a lie that you were moving away. Your boss wished you the best of luck and you thanked her for the job.

You were so excited that you got to go with the turtles. So we're they, except Leo had been acting odd around you. It's like he was avoiding you. And you weren't sure why, you had thought that you were getting closer after he got sick. But although you were a bit upset about that, the excitement of moving overpowered it.

"Ready to go?" Donnie poked his head into your room with a smile. You looked at the now empty room. You had sold most of the stuff you couldn't take with you, and emptied your bank accounts to make sure you could survive in New York.

"Yeah. Yeah I think I'm ready." You replied.

"I think you'll love it living with us. Now I can have someone to talk about science with," he said. You giggled.

"I'm sure I'll love it Donnie,"

"Master Splinter will love you too."

"I sure hope so since I'll be living there until I can find an apartment." Donnie scrunched his nose at your answer.

"An apartment?" He said, distaste in his words.

"Well yeah. Where else would I live?"

"With us dudette!" Yelled Mikey from down the hall. Donnie and you laughed.

"He's not wrong you know. We could clear some space, make a guest room. You should stay with us," he said.

"Well I'll think about it," you said smiling at his offer. He shot another smile and left you alone to grab the one thing left in your room. It was a sort of memory box, with photos and little items from your family. You gently took out the silver necklace and rubbed your thumb over the heart necklace that had forever engraved in it. You smiled.

"You would be so happy mom. I finally found another family full of great people." A knock at the doorframe took you back out of your thoughts. You saw Leo leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed and smiling at you, blue eyes gleaming.

"Hey. Did I interrupt something?" He asked.

"No. Just grabbing this to pack," you said putting back the necklace and closing the box. He came into the room and gently shut the door. You looked at him, questions in your eyes. He hesitantly looked up at you and you placed the box on the floor beside you.

"Leo?" You asked, seeing the hesitation in his eyes. "Are you okay?" He took a few steps towards you, fidgeting with his hands.

"Y/n-... there's-... there's something I need to tell you," he said quietly. You felt yourself blush as he came even closer.

"What?" You said breathlessly. He took your hands in his own and it was then you realized how close he was, his muscular frame standing right in front of you, looking down at you with those eyes. God damn eyes.

"I-... I really like you, Y/n," he said after what felt like a lifetime. Your eyes went wide and you opened and closed your mouth like a fish. Your one and only crush literally just told you that he felt something for you. Commence FANGIRLING!!! You stood there for so long, not saying anything, that his face dropped and he looked down.

"I'm sorry. I understand if that's not how you feel. I'm just gonna-..." he dropped your hands and started to leave but you blinked yourself out of your shocked state.

"No, Leo wait!" You yelled, louder than intended. He turned to look at you, surprise on his face, still mixed with sadness. He kinda reminded you of a puppy. You walked over to him and played with your hands.

"You know-... I wanted to hear those words all my life. Even if you were just a character on TV. I really like you too, Leo. And you being here for real and the fact that I'm going home with you guys makes it even better," you said quietly and then looked at him, seeing him blush but smile brightly.

"Really? Even though I'm just a huge mutant freak? You still like me?" He said softly, doubting himself. You grabbed his chin with your one hand and made him look at you.

"Hamato Leonardo. You are not a freak. People just don't know how to look past the exterior and see what good is within." You told him sternly. He smiled at you and gently ran his hand on your cheek. You smiled back at him as he took his other hand and snaked it around your waist, pulling you closer. He gave a smirk, then leaned down and rested his forehead against yours, closing his eyes.

"So you really like me too?" He whispered and you giggled.

"Yes. Now what are you gonna do about it, fearless?" He just opened his eyes and looked at you, a seductive smile teasing his lips.

"This," he gently brushed his lips against yours, leaving you with a small and gentle kiss that was still full of passion and want. You deepened it by wrapping your arms around his neck and playing with his bandana strings. You felt him smile in the kiss and run his tongue over your bottom lip, asking for permission. You gave it and after what seemed like an eternity, you both pulled away, gasping for air, but smiling.

"So," smiled Leo, rubbing his thumb on your hand. "Are you ready to go home?" You just smiled back at him.

"Shell yeah."
___________________________

So possibly a second story coming out about life in their world!! I'll keep you guys updated!!

I want to thank you all for over 300 reads!! That's surreal!!

Hope you guys enjoyed!!

XX Shadow