Chapter 9

"Break's over

"Break's over. Hop in the ring," Jed says as he ushers me inside. I hesitantly take my stance as Heath enters the ring.

"Please go easy on me?" I beg, but it more comes out as a question. Heath just grins when Jed announces to start.

We start to circle each other, none of us attacking first. I know Heath's technique. Wait for it, don't strike for it. Giving that Heath isn't going to attack anytime soon, I throw a punch to his jaw to which he dodges easily.

"You got this Prim. Just pretend that he doesn't have like one hundred more pounds of muscle on you!" Jed shouts. 

"Gee, thank you that helps," I say sarcastically. I go in to throw another punch, this time Heath catches my wrist and spins me around so that my back is pressed against his front. I gasp from the sudden impact. 

I can feel his breath right next to my ear. A shiver takes over my whole entire body. Is it getting hot in here? "Heath, w-what are you doing?" I stuttered out as he leans in closer to the nape of my neck. I feel him press a soft kiss right there before he releases me. He spins me back around so that we're facing each other and lifts me over his shoulder. Then he gently slams me down on the floor. That actually hurt less than when Kade tackled me.

"Don't get distracted in the ring," He warns before he gets off of me and hops out of the ring. I prop myself on my elbows, my breathing heavy. Not from the boxing but from the heated moment that Heath and I just had.

Doesn't he have a girlfriend? Nash makes his way into the ring and holds a hand out for me to take. I place my small hand in his and he pulls me up to my feet. I mumble a 'thanks' before I head out of the ring and plop myself on the bench.

"He went easy on you and you're out of breath?" Kade asks as he takes a seat next to me. Oh, he doesn't even know what went on. 

Oh no. I hope this doesn't make me a boyfriend stealer. Even though I wasn't the one to make the first move. "You stink by the way," Kade adds. I turn to glare at him.

"Thanks, I already know I suck at this," I reply back.

"Yeah that also, but I meant you stink as in you smell like sweat. Go take a shower." He says waving me off. I playfully punch him on the arm before saying my goodbyes to the guys and heading back home.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

After a nice warm shower, I changed and headed downstairs. I checked the time to see that it's around 5 pm. I grabbed my phone and bag and started walking down to May's flower shop. I enter the beautiful flower coated room and straight to May.

"Hi," I say as I take a seat on one of her comfy chairs.

"Hello, have you eaten yet?" She asks me. I shake my head. "Okay, well there should be some leftover lasagna from last night in the fridge. Feel free to heat it up," She says as I make my way to the back. I microwave the lasagna before heading back outside to sit back down. "What have you been up to today?" She asks me.