Chapter 32

Ugh, Heath is so annoying

Ugh, Heath is so annoying. On my first day of working with him, he declared to everyone that I was his girlfriend and that if anyone were to touch me, they would get it. We got a lot of awkward stares but they just minded their own business after Heath sent them glares. 

I came home early for a nice shower before May comes knocking at my bedroom door. I walk over and pull it open. "Yes?" I ask her with a smile.

"Could you come downstairs for a moment? Clyde and I have something to discuss with you," She says.

 I nod my head and follow her down the stairs where I see Clyde waiting on the living room couch. This is new, which makes me nervous. I take a seat on the single couch and face them. "Is everything okay?" I ask nervously.

They both nod their heads. "Prim, we just wanted to tell you that you have been the best thing that has ever happened to us. We know you lost your parents, and we hope that you can accept your new ones,"

Wait, what? What does she mean new ones? "Wait what are you saying?" I ask. I don't want to leave May and Clyde. They have been everything to me.

"Prim," Clyde starts. "You're finally getting adopted--"

"No," I interrupt. "No, I'm not leaving you guys. I don't want to be with another family. Tell them that the offer is off or however it works but I'm staying here with you guys whether you like it or not," I state standing up.

"Prim, you didn't let me finish," Clyde says and I slowly sink back into my seat. "You're getting adopted..... by us," He says.

Wait, what? No way. Tears start to fall out of my eyes as I rush to Clyde and hug the life out of him. "Wait really?" I ask with a wide smile.

"Yeah, how would you feel about calling us mom and dad?" May asks as I see tears threatening to fall from her eyes as well. 

"I would love to," I say with a sniffle. I bring them into a hug. "I love you, mom and dad," I say after we pull away.

"Oh sweety, we love you too," May says and kisses my head. This may have been one of the best news I have ever received.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

"We should celebrate," Jed says. I am currently on a facetime call with Heath and Jed. I told them about the amazing news as tears fall out of my eyes. Tears of happiness. 

"We should. I'll let my parents know," I say with a happy smile. It feels good finally being able to call them parents. "I'll talk to you guys tomorrow," I say and hang up the phone. Tomorrow is going to be a great day.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

"I am so happy for you guys," Jed says hugging my parents. We decided to settle on a dinner. My parents, Jed, and Heath are here to celebrate the good news. 

"I know, now I can have someone to help me clean around the house," May says. 

"What? I already do help you clean," I say.

"I was just teasing," She says laughing. I roll my eyes playfully and look around the table. This is my family and I couldn't love them more.

As I look around the table, I notice that familiar blonde and curly hair. What a mood killer. "What are they doing here?" I ask to Heath and Jed. They both turn their heads to see what I'm looking at and soon they spot them as well.

"I thought Kara said she was busy helping her mom with something, that's why she couldn't go hang with Kade?" Jed says confused.

Something fishy is going on and it's definitely not the meal in front of us. Kara and Emily are here with two dudes who look like they could be their brothers. They sit at a table diagonal from us, the angle where we could see them but they can't see us.

I bring my phone out and take a picture for Kade. I know it's not good to take pictures of someone without their consent, but this is Kade we're talking about. If Kara is really cheating on him, she's about to get the beating of her life.

It looks like they're finished eating and are now getting ready to leave. They both stand up and oh my god. My heart clenches for Kade. Kara leans in and places a lingering kiss on the boy she came here with as Emily does the same. I quickly take a photo of that. 

"Woah, did you guys see that?" Jed asks unbelievably.

"Yeah, shit I feel sorry for Kade," Heath says. Me too. 

"How are we going to tell him?" I ask. May and Clyde look at us with confused expressions.

"I am lost here, what is going on?" May asks.

"Remember Kade?" I ask her and she nods in response. "Well, that's his girlfriend," I say pointing towards Kara who is now leaving with Emily. "And she just cheated on him," 

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

"Okay, well we can't just blurt it out to him. We'll be like 'Hey Kade. Do you know your girlfriend Kara? Yeah well news flash, she just cheated on you. Here, have a look'," I say to Jed and Heath. 

After we finished with dinner, May and Clyde took us home, and now we are currently in the living room, discussing how we're going to break the news to Kade. He even said that Kara seems a bit distant lately towards him, maybe she was seeing that douchebag.

"We'll just drop hints to him and when he finally gets what we're trying to tell him, we drop the bomb on him," Jed says simply.

"That's a good idea," Heath says.

"I just don't want to hurt Kade's feelings. He's my friend, and if we make him upset, who's going to make me laugh my head off?" I ask sadly. Jed and Heath both give me looks. Jed's saying 'what about me?' and Heath's saying 'I can make you laugh too'. "No offense to you guys," I add.

"Me neither. You know, I never thought those girls would be such...... those girls," Jed says.

I nod my head sarcastically. "Yeah, because that made so much sense," 

"I'm just saying. Like obviously when we first met them at the movies, they seemed a bit suspicious, but when Emily backed off and Kara and Kade went out, things seemed to get much better. And then Emily decided to show up and attempt to steal Heath from you. And now Kara had just cheated on Kade, who she basically fangirled over the first time she met him,"

That's true. And to think that this night would be perfect, me celebrating with my best friend, my boyfriend, and now happy to call my parents.

"She doesn't know what she's missing out on," Heath says. Wow, that's like the first time Heath has ever said something nice about Kade. I guess this night really did take a turn. I just hope that once we tell Kade, he won't change himself and become sad because of some stupid girl.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎