Lance | 1572w

I know my fingers are digging into Calen's thighs with almost bruising force, but it's the only way I can keep them from trembling. I move my lips against his firmly, following as he leans his head against the back of the couch, only pulling away when he snakes his arms around my neck, fingers threading into my hair and tugging slightly. He gasps as soon as I pull away, and I can feel his smile as I kiss along his cheekbone.

  He giggles when I kiss his ear, then lets out a small huff when I rest my cheek on his hair. His grip on my neck is loose, and by the way his arms are hanging it's easy to assume he's tired. I weigh my options for a moment, eventually deciding I don't feel like cleaning anywhere else yet. If he's really tired I'll clean off the bed, but I don't think he's that far gone yet.

  I shift my grip from the top of his thighs to under them, lifting him and switching out positions, grinning when his breath hitches at the sudden movement. I settle back onto the couch cushions, tugging Calen closer until he's molded against me with his head resting on my shoulder. "Mm... this is nice..." he mumbles, trailing off incoherently. One of his hands holds my opposite shoulder and the other rests on the back of the couch, his fingers still threaded into my hair.

  I hum in agreement, keeping one arm securely around his waist while I rub his neck and head with my other. I'm surprised when he shifts his head, his warm lips suddenly pressed against my neck. I blink up at the ceiling, then close my eyes when he licks at my skin a little before settling back down. I take a moment to remind myself that he's tired and obviously a bit out of it before turning to kiss his forehead.

  "Are you okay, Baby?" I murmur, scratching his head lightly.

  His nose scrunches and he shakes his head, opening his mouth to protest but yawning instead. "Shifted a lot... Kitten... sleepy..." he nuzzles closer to my neck again.

  "Kitten?" I question, amused that he doesn't seem to be able to string a full sentence together.

  He huffs and nods, mouthing at my neck for a few seconds before settling down limply, a quiet purr rumbling from his throat. I scratch his scalp lightly, feeling amused when his purr gets louder. It seems like he's my Kitten, but his fluffy ears and tail are nowhere to be seen.

  "Are you Kitten or Calen, Baby?" I murmur, my curiosity getting the best of me. And besides, how will I know how to take care of him if I don't know who I'm taking care of?

  He shifts, nosing at my shoulder and whining softly. "Don't know. Want... want more..." he trails off, and when I look at him from the corner of my eye I see him blushing.

  "More what, Baby?" I ask, helping him sit up a little when he moves. He looks at me hopefully, and when I don't move he leans forward to rub his cheek against mine, still purring quietly.

  "More kisses?" He asks shyly as he pulls away, eyes hopeful.

  I can't help but laugh, though I stifle it when he begins to look hurt. "Baby, of course. You don't even have to ask, okay? I'll always want kisses."

  He smiles hugely, his cheeks pink as he holds out a hand. "Promise?" he asks, and I laugh again when I hold out a hand and he grabs it for a hand shake.

  "Promise," I say, then use my grasp on his hand to tug him forward into a kiss.

  After a few minutes of kissing Calen I feel him begin to wilt, and when I chuckle against his lips he pulls away with a huff and a whine. "Lance is a-a Meanie," he grumbles as he slumps against me, cuddling as close as physically possible. "Love Meanie... Love my Lance... so nice..."

  My heart thumps painfully and I blink a few times to clear my eyes. God, it's been so long since I've heard that. "Love you too Baby," I whisper, rubbing my cheek against his hair before kissing his temple. "Love you so much."

  Calen purrs, and I can feel it against my chest because of how we're pressed together. I lean my head back and sigh, closing my eyes so I can concentrate for a moment. The soft rumble of my Kitten's purr is distracting, but it also snaps into focus what I have to do. I should set an alarm for five hours from now, if what Crossword said is true then we have a time limit. I can't let more Hunters come, they would undoubtedly gather that Falcon was fighting Crossword with me, and they would come after him too.

  Trying to shift as little as possible, I reach into one of my deeper pockets and pull out my phone. I have missed messages from at least four of the Guild but I ignore them all, just like I'm ignoring the bad taste in my mouth as I set an alarm. I toss my phone to the other side of the couch and wrap my arms around my Kitten again, holding him tightly.

  I want to tell him what really happened, and assure him that everything will be fine, but I can't. Maybe it's cowardly, but once I'm gone Falcon will be able to explain what happened to the other two, and I'll have had these last few hours with Calen while he wasn't upset in any way. I don't know if everything will be fine, and I don't want him to worry. Not now.

  So instead of making myself sick with worry, thinking of how he'll be alone when I leave, I settle further into the couch, hold Calen tighter, and press a kiss to his temple. "You're so sweet, Baby, so lovely and adorable and handsome and gorgeous," I purr, smiling when he giggles.

  "So nice... My Lance i-is so nice and handsome and I love him and he-he loves all of me. Right?" Calen asks, peeking up at me with the most hopeful expression.

  I nod, landing a short kiss to his nose and then his cheek. "Mmhm... love all of you so much. I love Kitten and I love Calen and I love Falcon and I love everyone I haven't met yet," I say, holding his gaze so he understands that I mean it.

  He blushes furiously when I'm done, looking down and bumping his forehead to my shoulder in embarrassment. "Thank you," he mumbles, the smile evident in his shy voice.

  "Of course, Baby. Who are you right now?" I ask again, brushing his hair back from his forehead.

  He shrugs and presses a kiss to my collarbone. "Feel like K-Kitten but no ears a-and tail. Don't know..." he noses along my neck, ending right under my jaw where he decides to taunt me with a few more kisses.

  I hum, grinning when he gasps and pulls away, obviously having felt it from where he was kissing my throat. "You can sleep, Lovely. I don't mind," I whisper.

  He shakes his head, pouting. "Not yet, w-wanna cuddle more," he says decidedly before flopping forward to lean on me. "My Fire is very good at cuddles."

  I run a finger around the edge of his ear distractedly, then brush it along his jaw. "Your Fire, hm?" I can physically feel my Kitten's cheek heating up from where my fingers rest on it. He nods, and I don't even try to hold in my chuckle. "Well... I suppose I am hot," I tease. "And I definitely burn for you... with a fiery passion..."

  He laughs, his whole body shaking slightly from it as I grin. Once he quiets down I hear him yawn. When I lift him up a little he lets out a questioning whine. "No! Don't wanna move-" I cut him off with a kiss to his lips as I adjust myself to lay down across the couch.

  I tickle his sides as I set him back on my lap, and he giggles while grabbing my hands. "Come on Love, lay down however you're most comfortable," I urge, and though he looks for a moment like he wants to protest he gives in quickly.

  He puts his hands on either side of me to lift himself up, then straightens his legs and lowers himself to lay between my legs on his stomach, his cheek resting on my chest. I cross one of my legs over his, happily sinking my fingers into his hair again.

  "Comfy?" I ask as I play with his hair, and he just nods. I lay my head against the surprisingly comfortable armrest, and close my eyes.

  My Kitten starts purring again, the soft little rumble making it ever so easy to fall asleep.

  I don't dream, and when I wake to my alarm I blink awake slowly with a low groan. It's not the annoying sound of the alarm that eventually wakes me fully, nor is it the thought of what I have to do in scarcely half an hour.

  It's the realization that my Kitten's comfortable warmth and weight is no longer resting atop me.