Falcon | 1145w

"Wake up." I hear someone murmur, but I ignore them and snuggle deeper into the soft blankets. "Come on Falcon, it's time to wake up. Or should I say Kitten, hm?"

Kitten? Why would anyone call me... oh. No, there's no way.

  "Come on now Kitten, there's no way you don't hear me with two sets of ears." The voice which I identified as... I don't know his name.

  Two sets of ears though? I never change while I'm asleep, not anymore. I thought I got control of that. I blink rapidly to wake up, finally realizing that someone is petting my hair, and it feels really nice. So nice that I know for sure I changed to have cat features. As soon as I fully realize my situation, and that what I'm laying on is not a pillow but is in fact a body, I sit up quickly and scramble to the other side of the bed.

  I make out the man who's been helping me sitting against the headboard, looking startled. He sits up too, his gaze not leaving me. "What's wrong, Kitten? Do you not like that name, I can call you something else.

  I whimper softly and shake my head. I never change into cat form, it brings back too many memories that I just want to forget. When I was about eight to twelve I lived with a couple that found out about my shifting, but they only knew about my cat form and they always forced me to change. They'd force me to keep the cat form up all the time or they'd hit me. The only time I was allowed to let it down was for school. Otherwise they never let me out of the house, or even my room for that matter. Sometimes they forgot to feed me.

  But the man in front of me right now looks so kind and concerned. "Please say something?" He all but pleads. When I shake my head he reaches out to touch me and I flinch away out of habit, because I'm in my cat form.

  He coos at me in a soft and comforting manner. "Don't be scared, I won't hurt you."

  I pull my knees up to my chest and hug them, burying my face in my arms. I feel my fluffy cat tail wrap around my ankles, making me feel a bit more secure. There's a moment of silence, then the man asks, "You have a tail?"

  I sniffle softly as tears sprout in my eyes, despite my efforts to keep them at bay. I try to change back to normal, to change into anything other than my cat form but I can't, it's like I'm stuck. I was startled by the feeling of arms wrapping around me, and even though I flinch he doesn't move.

  "Please tell me what's wrong?" I hear him murmur.

  The gentleness in his voice is too much for me to take right now, and I start sobbing uncontrollably into his shirt. "They wou-wouldn't let me-me cha-change." I manage to stutter through my tears.

  He pulls me forward until I'm straddling his lap, my face snuggled into his now damp shirt. I clutch at his shirt while he gently pets my hair, rocking me back and forth slightly. A minute passes in silence, except for my small hiccuping sobs and his soft, comforting coos.

  When I've mostly calmed down, and my breath is even, he pushes me back slightly to look at my face. "What do you mean they wouldn't let you change? Who wouldn't?"

  I sniffle and wipe my eyes with my sleeve covered hands. "M-My old foster parents. They found out a-about my cat form and th-they made me stay in i-it all the time."

  He's frowning, but brings a hand up to pet my hair. I melt into him slightly, nuzzling my nose into his shirt. My senses are heightened a bit when I'm in cat form, so smells can have an effect on me. But he smells good, like... like coffee and chocolate.

  I wonder what his name is. I can't believe I've forgotten to ask until now. I sit up a bit, looking at him curiously. "What's your name?"

  He hesitates, then smiles and laughs softly. "I guess I never really told you, huh?" When he continues petting my hair and lightly brushing his fingers through it, I resign myself to cuddling into his shirt. "My name is Lance." I just nod in reply, until he speaks up again. "You know, unless Falcon is your real name then I don't know yours either."

  I giggle softly, then cover my mouth in embarrassment. You see, I'm different when I'm in any of my forms. When I'm in my Falcon form, I can concentrate better, I'm faster, my senses are heightened, and I'm less forgiving. It's like each form brings out different aspects of my personality.

  My cat form especially, due to the fact that I spent the majority of four years in it. It brings out my cuddly, sleepy, overly sensitive and emotional side. Again, probably because I was forced to spend so long in it, and during that time I got exactly zero comfort or reassurance.

  I don't like this form, mostly because when I do randomly change into it no one is there and I'm lonely. Then, like just now, when I change into it while someone is there, I can't help but be afraid of them. Of course, Lance scared me but then he hugged me and calmed me down.

  Right now he's looking at me with an amused expression. "You're so cute." He coos, continuing to pet my hair. "Now what's your name?"

  I frown and look at my hands, blushing when I realize they're on Lance's stomach. "Well... I don't know if I can tell you." I mumble sadly. I have my tail wrap around my waist and start anxiously fiddling with it.

  "Why not?" Lance asks, pouting a little.

  Tears well up in my eyes and I throw my arms around his neck. "Please don't be sad." I beg. "It's just that you know I'm Falcon and I don't want you to be in danger because you know who I am."

  Lance chuckles and wraps his arms around my waist. "I'm not worried about that. Please tell me?"

  I shyly pull myself closer to him again, snuggling up against him and trying not to cry because I don't want him to be mad. I don't want him to make me move.  "Promise you won't t-tell anyone?"

  He runs his fingers through my hair softly, resting his head next to mine so that his breath tickles my ear. "I promise." He reassures.

  I shiver and smile slightly, feeling a bit better. "My name is Calen."