𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚕

I walk to class holding my books in my arms. I sit down next to Simone in Algebra class "hey girl" I waved at her.

"Have you talked to Owen?" I shook my head "why?". "Because I don't know what the next words what will he say".

"He might say oh I like you as well we should be together or I will never ever leave you will you please be my girlfriend he might say that".

"Can we not talk about this now?" I take out my notebook.

"I should get a tattoo but I don't know what to get a rose or heart" I look at her. "Heart and rose is what everybody get. Get some Chinese words that say be strong or something".

She laughs "that's what you want to get so you get it you slay then you got the best tattoo". I nodded "can I come over your house?".

"I don't know I have to ask my mother" we walk out the school building. I texted my mother asking her can Simone come over.

"No the neighbors are coming over like Every and Trevor and Owe-" I cut her off.

"Why would you do that? You literally are forcing me and Owen to talk".

"It's ok kid it's going to be fine" I turn my phone frustrated. "So what did she say?" Simone asked putting her hands in her back pocket.

"No she said that our neighbors coming over when I say neighbors I mean the same neighbors that just moved next to me".

"But I see you later" she nodded and left I walk home. I walk pass the neighbors house the house looked empty.

I open the door nobody was inside I go to my room change my clothes. I heard the door close I went downstairs to see my mother taking off her heels.

"What time they are going?" She looks at her watch "30 minutes I'm going to take a quick shower" she rushed up the stairs.

I go to the kitchen and see a pan full of lasagna. I put the lasagna in the oven to heat it up I place the plates on the table.

I get everything ready my mother come down stairs with a new outfit on. "Late run at work?" She nodded putting her hair in a bun.

We hear the doorbell we go to the door she opens the door. "Welcome to the Jones home" my mom smiled.

"Come in" she invites them in I back away from the door to let them in. I look at Owen he wasn't paying any attention to me.

But Trevor was I waved at him he waved back kinda like he was mad. Owen looks at me and smile "to late" I thought to myself.

I slightly give him a smile we all walk to the dining room. "I be right back" my mom goes to the kitchen I sit down.

"How was your day at school Kiara?" I look her "oh it was good very good" she nodded. "That's good" I smile my mother enters the room.

"Here is the lasagna it's good" she place the pan on table and sits next to me. "Let's dig in" she cuts the lasagna and place some in every plate on the table.

We all begin to eat "ms.Jones this is good you should really be a chief" my mother chuckled at Owen saying.

"I'll go wash the dishes" I grab all the plates going to the kitchen. "You should go help Kiara Owen" I heard my mom say then footsteps starts going to the kitchen.

"Hey Kiara" he goes over to me "hey" he helps me get the plates in the sink. I wash the dishes as he dry off the dishes.

I pass him the plate then suddenly his hand was on top of my hand. I look at her he was already looking at me.

I move my hand quickly and looked away "what's up with these mix signals?". "It's not mix signals it's just complicated".

"Like seriously man you kissed me back now your acting like you never ever went close to me". "That's correct but rushing into a relationship is not it I don't even know how to do a relationship".

"You don't do a relationship you just be yourself and you make your partner happy just like they met you don't have to act or do certain things".

"I don't want to be in relationship Owen especially not with you. You can play that I really like you act on somebody else but not me I know what your trying to do and it not will work".

He looks at me I roll my eyes and walk away from the sink. "Are you guys done?" I nodded walking over to the table.

"Well I have work tomorrow so I got to go and the kids have school tomorrow" my mother smiled. Owen comes out of the kitchen like nothing happened.

The 3 boys left the house with they mother. I close the door "goodnight mother" she smiled "goodnight but tomorrow you telling me what went down in that Kitchen".

"Nothing good really I'll tell you now" she nodded and tapped the empty seat that's by her on the couch.

"So I told Owen that I'm not ready for a relationship cause I don't know how to do it I can't be in a relationship if I'm not ready".

"Ok your not ready but say if you was ready would you go out with him?" I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know I don't even know if he really want me".

"You know how seniors is" she nodded "well whenever your ready I fully agree with you and Owen relationship".

She kisses my cheek and goes upstairs few minutes later I go upstairs to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then got into the bed.

"Hey neighbor" Trevor texted me

"Hello neighbor"

"Sorry I didn't speak to you at dinner"

"No it's fine"

"Well goodnight that's all I wanted to say"

"Goodnight Trevor".