baby

"let's make a baby." is something harry always says to gwen. and although they've been married for a little over 2 years now she's always opposing the idea. not that she didn't want to, because she does. but she wants to travel the world with harry while there's still only the two of them. they've been to a lot of places all over the world, though going to a bit more wouldn't hurt. she also wants to continue working for a few more years to earn money for the family they will build in the future. she knows once they have a baby she has to stop working so she can give her full attention to their child. she doesn't want their future children to grow up with just a nanny because she's too busy working. she wants their children to grow up with both parents present in their lives.  

so when harry tells her that he thinks they should have a baby her answer is always the same: "soon, darling."

and harry understands. he can wait because they have their whole lives to spend together. plus, it's her body that's going to carry their child. though sometimes when he sees his mates posting on social media with pictures of their kids or when they go out for drinks and they talk about the children he can't help but get jealous. he wants that. he wants to see his wife with a full round belly. he wants to brag about how beautiful their child is and about how smart he or she is or is going to be–all those things a parent does. but then again he respects his wife and what she says goes. you know what they say: 'happy wife, happy life.'

"hey! you're home early." gwen smiles as she feels harry wrap his arm around her waist. he pulls her close to him and presses a gentle kiss on her cheek. she then turns her face to the side and tilts her head back so she can kiss his lips.

"got my work done early," he replies, pecking her lips three more times before resting his chin on her shoulder and she hums in acknowledgement.

"it smells lovely in here." he points out, watching as his wife does her thing in the kitchen. she always cooks him the most delicious meals. when he gets home their food is always already prepared and the table is set. and when there are times that he has to stay late at the office she keeps food stored in the fridge for him. she cares so much about his wellbeing, which is exactly why he thinks she'll be a great mum.

"i'm making your favorite," she says.

"can't wait to have a bite of that then. is there anything i can do to help?" he speaks against her neck, his hot breath heating up her skin.

"you can start setting the table and bringing out the wine. it's in the fridge." he kisses her cheek one last time before parting from her and does what he's told. he knows she always puts the wine in the fridge because she likes it when it's cold. and over the course of the years he's grown to like it that way too.

a few minutes after harry's done setting the table gwen places the food on top. they start eating and talking about their day. it was gwen's day off so she was just in the house all day. she cleaned every surface as she always does because harry never does the cleaning. not that he doesn't want to, she's just better at cleaning than he is. then she read a book and really loved it. he told her she'd have to lend him that book. meanwhile, harry got promoted at work. being of a higher position has its perks. he gets his own parking spot, a higher salary, and his own personal secretary! the people at his job would basically do anything he tells them to and that's a good thing. but he knows he has to treat his colleagues fairly and with respect. his mother taught him that.

"that's such great news, honey! i'm so happy for you." gwen sends him a big smile and caresses his hand that was on top of the table.

"thank you, darling. i'm doing this for the both us and the mini us that will be running around here in the future." he smiles back, holding her hand against his, caressing it too.