❝pharmacy❞

MIKI stood in the hallway outside the kitchen, once again hesitating to enter

MIKI stood in the hallway outside the kitchen, once again hesitating to enter. Since Wooyoung's outburst two nights ago, she had been trying to avoid agitating him further.

She didn't understand why. Surely her wanting to return the shirt wasn't that big of a deal?

With an inaudible sigh, she decided to leave. It wasn't like she said goodbye to him every morning.

"Wait."

She turned to find Wooyoung standing in the doorway, holding a full plastic bag that seemed on the verge of breaking.

He held it up slightly. "Autumn has started. You don't want to catch a cold, do you?"

Miki felt like an elderly patient as Wooyoung carefully picked out a range of immune system boosting vitamins and tablets, setting them down on the counter in front of her.

Begrudgingly, she took them all, setting the glass of water down with more force than necessary. "Happy now?"

There was no reply, as his eyes were fixated on her face. More specifically, her mouth.

As if on impulse, his hand reached forward and cupped her cheek, and she took a step backwards in surprise.

Miki held her breath as his gentle thumb brushed a droplet of water off of the side of her lips.

"Yes."

Wooyoung's slightly hoarse voice woke Miki up from her trance, and she stepped fully out of his personal space. Avoiding his eyes, she became aware of her racing heartbeat. "I'm running late, so... bye!"

Sonic would've been jealous of the speed she left the house.

✿✿✿

"YOU'RE definitely feeling guilty." San spun around on the barstool that afternoon, ignoring the death glare shot at him by his best friend. "Why else would you buy all these medications?"

Wooyoung scoffed. "They're more for me. I spend more time in contact with patients who could possibly be sick. "

"Riiiight." San stopped spinning and picked up a random jar. "Vitamin B6 tablets! Let's see here; helps with fatigue, fluid retention, and... premenstrual symptoms?"

There was a pause.

"...Shut up."