❝the scoop❞

THE text arrived at the perfect time

Miki had just finished a wattpad story about a CEO finding love, and the ending left much to be desired.

"He picked the wrong girl.." She complained, moving from her chair to flop down onto the bed.

A buzz from her phone on the nightstand brought her out of her disappointed thoughts.

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
would you like some ice-cream?

It took all of her willpower to politely decline.

No thank you!

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
I see.

Miki frowned when she saw the text. She expected he'd put up much more of a fight, but then again, it was him.

Her eyes were exhausted, so she crawled under the covers for a quick afternoon nap.

✿✿✿

SHE awoke to someone gently shaking her shoulder. Her eyes adjusted to the room, to find Wooyoung standing over her with an amused expression.

He nudged her with something cold. "Hurry, before it melts."

Still slightly disoriented, Miki took the ice-cream cup reflexively. It was green tea, her favourite.

"How did..?"

Wooyoung took a seat at the edge of her bed. His cup held two scoops of cookies and cream. "I pay attention to what's in the fridge, you know."

It was his first time properly being in her room, and the thought had her avoiding his eyes shyly. She held out her cup nervously. "Would you like to try?"

He waited a bit before scooping some up with his plastic spoon, placing it in his mouth. It fell silent.

The corner of his eyes slightly crinkled. "Next time, I'm definitely ordering green tea."

Something warm blossomed in her chest, and Miki scooted closer in case he'd like more.

He did.