❝fist bump?❞

MIKI wished there was a tutorial for 'How To Greet Your Husband (Whom You Are On Awkward Terms With) Good Morning After An Unplanned Weekend Away

MIKI wished there was a tutorial for 'How To Greet Your Husband (Whom You Are On Awkward Terms With) Good Morning After An Unplanned Weekend Away.'

As Kath drove her home, a million different scenarios filtered through her mind.

Lean in for an uncomfortable side hug? Fist bump? Whip out the formal 'business partner' handshake?

There was no more time to contemplate, because they had pulled up into the driveway.

Kath asked if she should accompany her to the door, and Miki agreed.

When she unlocked the door, they were hit with the salivating aroma of breakfast.

She could hear the exhaust running in the kitchen, and a faint sizzle of something on the stove.  Wooyoung appeared around the corner, a welcoming smile on his face.

He approached, opening his mouth to speak.

"Kath, why don't you come inside for a bit?" Miki hurriedly asked, ushering her in and closing the door behind them.

Oblivious to Miki's behaviour, Kath took the bait and greeted him first. "Good morning, Dr. Jung," she said politely. "Something smells delicious!"

It could've been her imagination, but Wooyoung's smile had faltered, almost imperceptibly.

"Kath, it's good to see you again." His eyes flickered to Miki's, and she felt a pang of guilt. "I'm in the middle of frying some eggs and bacon. Would you like to stay for breakfast?"

Her best friend looked to her for confirmation, and Miki nodded, mustering a small smile.

"Well, alright then! Why not?"

Breakfast passed by smoothly.

Once Kath had left, Miki found he had sat back at the dining table with a cup of coffee.

"Hey, Wooyoung."

He looked up from his phone with an expectant gaze.

"I didn't get to properly say hi today, so..." Miki offered him her right fist. "I'm back."

A fist bump. She had resorted to a fist bump. She was cringing inside.

The way he stared at her hand made her want to call Kath to come back and pick her up.

"What, no 'hello' kiss?" He asked coolly. "After such a mediocre reunion too."

She slightly lowered her arm. "Uh..."

But then, with a small smile, he slowly raised his own fist and gently tapped his knuckles against hers.

"I'm joking, I'm glad you're back. This house was too big without you, after all."

There was a warmth in her chest, and without thinking, she stepped forward to press a brief kiss on his cheek.

Wooyoung's eyes widened a fraction as she pulled back. The action had surprised the both of them.

Miki could swear there was a light dusting of pink on his cheekbones, but he turned his head slightly to let his hair obscure her vision.

"Go unpack your things," he said softly. "I'll clear the table."

She left obediently, feeling satisfied, as a certain doctor struggled to compose himself.

a/n: sorry for the delay friends!! i have so many assignments coming up next week and it's my birthday on tuesday!! second year of lockdown birthdays, but we all gotta keep on keepin' on, cuties

after my oral and written skills assessment next thursday, i'll be more free to do some writing. in the meantime, take care of yourselves! doctor woo's orders😡